The Student Room Group

'The Peaky Bloggers' A GCSEs 2020 GYG journey

This poll is closed

'Being Asked' A GCSEs 2020 GYG journey

I like this new title! :)100%
This is bad the old one was worse, fix up.0%
Total votes: 9

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
29/08/2020

Smalll update I’ve changed my username from TakeALittleWalk to Shadbury 👍🏼 to anybody reading this blog it was a lovely journey and if you’re about to binge it I hope you enjoy it! Check out my year 12 gyg too! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6669288
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Monday 23/12/2019
Hi! Call me Shad! It's not my real name but people call me that so we'll go with it.
Tune in for:
How I'm revising, what I need to work on and how I'm handling my workload
Pictures of how I'm organising myself for those stationaryholics out there!
Mental health, how I'm feeling at particular points in time
Food!
And most of all an abundance of Peaky Blinders GIFs!
+ A Q&A Thursday as of December 26th!

By the time exams have come along I'd like for myself as well as all of you to be walking into our exams looking as bad-ass as these brilliant people. (By now you can probably tell I'm a Peaky Blinders fanatic.)
Having just started my two-week Christmas holiday following Mocks, it's been relieving to be able to actually relax and unwind for a few days. My exams went well considering the sacrifices put in; which essentially consisted of just binging content on youtube the night(s) before...
The subjects I've taken are as follows:
AQA Art
English Language (Edexcel)
English Literature (Edexcel)
French (Edexcel)
Physics (AQA triple)
Biology (AQA triple)
Chemistry (AQA triple)
History (Edexcel)
Computing (OCR)
Religious Studies (Edexcel)
Maths (Edexcel)
and potentially AQA Level 2 Further Maths, I'll look through the content and if advice deems so I'll decide then.
In terms of Mock results I'm hoping for 8s and 9s mostly. I believe I'll receive them on returning to school, first week back AT PARENTS EVENING.
Basically I don't want to repeat the late-night gruelling procrastination I had to do for Mocks. It took a physical and mental toll. I could do with revision tips for a variety of subjects above, particularly English, the humanities and Computing. And French...I don't struggle particularly with it but in terms of vocabulary I've barely touched the specification or any lists as such...
This isn't a road to ALL 9s by the way. Art is a very weak subject of mine and as the title suggests motivation is my bane.
Please share any advice and ask around!
UPDATE: Mocks were alright you could say. A range of 7s, 8s and 9s, but wasn't over the moon with them. I'll list them here actually:

Spoiler

But following these exams I've realised that I want to do better. In fact, I know I CAN do better. It's resilience and perseverance that I'm relying on to ensure I perform to the best of my potential.
So let's get on with it!
Here's some irrelevant personal stuff you guys might like to know about me I guess :^_^:

Spoiler

Update: Changed my name as you've noticed! Just wanted to say thank you for all the support this year again. I know my ending post was the emotional roller coaster you didn't expect but I'd like to reiterate on the fact that were it not for you guys, I wouldn't have pulled through and put my head down after receiving that sheet of paper with my mock results on it. All that support, all that motivation. Thank you.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Monday 23/12/2019 (Evening)

So I should be going out in a few hours and having watched Netflix for hours on end I should get studying.
In the two hours I have, I shall make flashcards for all of Chemistry's Required Practicals! :smile:

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
Monday 23/12/2019 (Evening)

So I should be going out in a few hours and having watched Netflix for hours on end I should get studying.
In the two hours I have, I shall make flashcards for all of Chemistry's Required Practicals! :smile:

Literally just by coming back to this post when I'm demotivated forces me to keep going...Can't afford to fail in the public eye for some reason.
Reply 3
Oh and to add (And waste time, I'm losing motivation :smile:) In terms of resources, I'd be happy to go out and buy whatever necessary such as for History (edexcel) and particularly AQA Further Maths if anybody has some advice. Of course the better alternative would be YouTube channels etc. History is a bit of a sticky one still, seeing as the textbooks are very content heavy. For mocks I essentially just read over Cold War and Elizabethan England the night before and I don't want to do that again...

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Well I've done (Quizlet) flashcards for everything up to Required Practical 6 of Chemistry. Later tonight I should finish 6,7 and 8 before heading to bed.
Plans for Tuesday 24/12/2019:
Flashcards for Physics Required Practicals.
Flashcards for Biology Required Practicals.
Freesciencelessons cram: ALL OF CHEMISTRY.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Tuesday 24/12/2019

I was far too tired last night to finish off those Required Practicals Flashcards for Chemistry, so I'll do that now.

After that I'll get started with Physics and Biology!
Hopefully after a break I can start my Chemistry freesciencelessons binge.

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
I feel like I can't be asked to eat lunch today, so during my break I'll most probably end up doing something beneficial for the community as well as myself.
I've though of doing it before, and the idea of a poster just stuck right in front of me fuelled with motivation- does not sound like a bad idea!
Pictures coming soon!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Quick update, I took an early break to make a motivation poster which I'll post a picture of later, then had some pasta (Not delicious but it'll do) I'm on Required Practical 7: Identifying Ions for Chemistry (Yes I'm slacking) and it seems to be quite difficult to take in. Hopefully the freesciencelessons binge later on will help me out.
Reply 8
FINALLY. Finished Chemistry Required Practical Flashcards. Understanding and processing them is another thing though...
Time for Bio/Physics.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
I'll take a break and clear up my table. It's be coming for a while now...
Reply 10
Aha that's more than motivating, thanks a lot!
Reply 11
87487386-0E15-4FF2-AE12-8D4E214F7B72.jpg.jpeg
Multiply that by ten and that’s the rest of the stuff I am yet to clear out off my table.
Reply 12
I love how no matter how many textbooks you have, you're no better at the subject unless you go through them...
Reply 13
SO my table's looking great and I'll send pictures in a bit. Need to finish the His Dark Materials season finale though. A half an hour break for potentially the last TV show I watch this holiday!

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
His Dark Materials was as good as my table looks now! (Subjective)
Reply 15
03AA855D-0DFF-4738-9E27-5560B40F91CB.jpg.jpeg
Reply 16
657B3E7D-783C-41F8-88FC-97B076D4B78D.jpg.jpeg
Reply 17
Sellotape isn’t the best of things to leave lying around you table: take note.
As for tasks, it seems all the time I have left will be used on required practicals for the remaining two sciences after prayer. I’ll start freesciencelessons chemistry and see how much I can get done!
Reply 18
3B9C80A1-8A77-4B2A-8B0B-5F9908C15FED.jpg.jpeg

Christmas wishes from my neighbours! At least now I know what I’ll be doing while taking breaks...
Reply 19
Tuesday 24/12/2019 (Evening)

Need to finish those required practicals flashcards for biology and physics.

Should take two hours from now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending