The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

I haven’t no, I will now though. See what they say.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I’ve just spoke with admissions and they’ve had a delay in processing law & social science so we’ll be offered or rejected after the new year.
Reply 62
Original post by Emmashilters
I’ve just spoke with admissions and they’ve had a delay in processing law & social science so we’ll be offered or rejected after the new year.

WHAAATTT omg :frown:
Original post by la11
still nothing......
they said they take 10 working days and for me that is tommorow so hopefully i hear something back.
They are the last uni i'm waiting on

Hi,

We know that waiting for decisions can be the hardest part! Rest assured that our Admissions team are busily working through applications as fast as they can.

If it's been a couple of weeks and you want to put your mind at ease, you can contact the admissions team for our School of Law on +44 (0)121 331 6296 / [email protected]

Hope this helps!

Chloe - BCU Team
Original post by la11
WHAAATTT omg :frown:

I know! I’m only waiting for BCU now so I can firm!
Reply 65
Anyone applied for events, venue and experience management?
Hi
Has anyone applied to working with children families and young people? Or is anyone currently at Bcu doing this course ?
Original post by luckystar1776
Hello everyone, I just wanted an informed opinion from the people of this group. I recently got an admission confirmation from the Birmingham City University(BCU) for their MSc in Management and International Business. So I had a few questions.

1) How is the teaching?
2) How is the placement scene?
3) Is the course worth it?
4) How is the ROI(Return on Investment?)
5) How is the living standard there?
6) How much is the average package/salary for graduates?

Please feel free to get back to me as per your convenience.

P.S: My joining is in Feb 2020.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi,

I am in my final year and to be honest the teaching is good depending on th course, tutors, otherwise the they are disorganized and God forbid there is an issue that you want resolved then they will put you through hell. Currently, there is numerous advertising around BCU but the real test is how they treat individual students when something has gone wrong. You will be passed from person to person and they will try their best not to help matters. My experience of BCU has been terrible and I would not recommend this university
MSc social work 🤞
Does anyone know if you attend the applications taster days whether you can go with your parents / friends?
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hello

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2020 then this is the thread for you!

We're here to help so let us know any questions you have or feel free to use this space to meet other applicants.

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

If you'd like to see more of BCU life follow us on Instagram: @mybcu

Good luck with your applications!!

Hello! Was wondering if you could help me by letting me know whether the application taster days are something we do on or own or whether we can bring our parents or friend to participant too.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if you attend the applications taster days whether you can go with your parents / friends?

I think so, as you could with the open days, ask the uni as they would know
Yeha I was thinking same however I don’t know who I’m supposed to contact regarding this.
I think so, as you could with the open days, ask the uni as they would know
Yeha I was thinking same however I don’t know who I’m supposed to contact regarding this.

Sometime they pop up on this thread if not try admissions
Hello! Was wondering if you could help me by letting me know whether the application taster days are something we do on or own or whether we can bring our parents or friend to participant too.

Hi!

You can bring parents along to Applicant Taster Days, but there may be parts of the schedule where we ask them to sit out - so that you can get the most from the experience, ask any questions you might have, and meet other applicants! Some of our subject areas provide a parents lounge for them to wait in, but often guests choose to use this as an opportunity to go and explore Birmingham!

Which courses were you looking at studying? If you let me know, I can look into the schedules for you and best advise.

Chloe - BCU Team
Hello, yes perfect Thankyou. I’m looking at doing psychology with criminology.
Abbie
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi!

You can bring parents along to Applicant Taster Days, but there may be parts of the schedule where we ask them to sit out - so that you can get the most from the experience, ask any questions you might have, and meet other applicants! Some of our subject areas provide a parents lounge for them to wait in, but often guests choose to use this as an opportunity to go and explore Birmingham!

Which courses were you looking at studying? If you let me know, I can look into the schedules for you and best advise.

Chloe - BCU Team
Hello, yes perfect Thankyou. I’m looking at doing psychology with criminology.
Abbie

Hi Abbie,

For the Social Sciences Applicant Taster Days, parents are welcome to come along to the talks, but the activity sessions are for applicants only. Parent Q&A sessions will also be available throughout the afternoon, if your guests want to sit in on one of those. You can find the schedule and a tonne of other useful information to help you plan your day here.

Chloe - BCU Team
Hi,

I am in my final year and to be honest the teaching is good depending on th course, tutors, otherwise the they are disorganized and God forbid there is an issue that you want resolved then they will put you through hell. Currently, there is numerous advertising around BCU but the real test is how they treat individual students when something has gone wrong. You will be passed from person to person and they will try their best not to help matters. My experience of BCU has been terrible and I would not recommend this university

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to drop us a private message with more details, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Chloe - BCU Team
I applied for advanced computer science, and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my mark sheets, and Another condition on my offer letter was to pay half of my fees; so I did this and informed the Uni, and provided a bank statement also.but they didnt reply...its been 7or 8 days...Im confused...still, they did not give me a straight forward answer about the cas issuing date, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them regarding CAS letter. Any advice?
I applied for advanced computer science, and got a conditional offer. Having met my academic conditions, I sent the Uni my mark sheets, and Another condition on my offer letter was to pay half of my fees; so I did this and informed the Uni, and provided a bank statement also.but they didnt reply...its been 7or 8 days...Im confused...still, they did not give me a straight forward answer about the cas issuing date, and I haven't received any acknowledgement from them regarding CAS letter. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending