The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Is anyone planning to start Solent in Sept 2020?

Would be nice to make friends beforehand! As I am going into Uni a bit late (I will be 22/23), I won't know as many people as I might know going in from college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlocat
Would be nice to make friends beforehand! As I am going into Uni a bit late (I will be 22/23), I won't know as many people as I might know going in from college!

Hi @charlocat,

Glad to hear you are hoping to join us in September.

What course have you applied for?

I have made up a quick thread for students joining us in September so you may be able to chat to people here.

I hope this helps, good luck for your start next year!

Izzy 😊
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by charlocat

Hi! I’m going to be starting in 2020 as well, I decided to take a gap year first so I will be 19 (turning 20) in September but I already have my unconditional place confirmed. I’ll be studying BA Graphic Design, what’re you looking to study? I’m from Northern Ireland so I won’t really know anyone myself when I’m over, so I completely understand where you’re coming from ^^
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ali-oop
Hi! I’m going to be starting in 2020 as well, I decided to take a gap year first so I will be 19 (turning 20) in September but I already have my unconditional place confirmed. I’ll be studying BA Graphic Design, what’re you looking to study? I’m from Northern Ireland so I won’t really know anyone myself when I’m over, so I completely understand where you’re coming from ^^

Hi @Ali-oop!

Congratulations on your unconditional place to study with us, we look forward to welcoming you in September! :smile: I don't know if you've seen our 2020 Applicant thread already, but this might be a good way to meet others joining Solent next year!

If you have any questions about the course or Uni life in general, please ask us!

Enjoy the rest of your gap year!
Eloise :smile:
hey, I've taken a gap year and im looking to go. im looking to study either marketing or popular music performance. I don't know anyone else going so it would be good to make some friends beforehand!
Original post by t grizzly
hey, I've taken a gap year and im looking to go. im looking to study either marketing or popular music performance. I don't know anyone else going so it would be good to make some friends beforehand!

I'm looking at studying popular music performance and production. Unsure about what accommodation would be best tho?
Hey! Hoping to study at Solent in September. I have an interview for Television Production in December so fingers crossed.
Original post by tillieshipway
I'm looking at studying popular music performance and production. Unsure about what accommodation would be best tho?

Hi @tillieshipway,

It's great to hear you are looking to come study at Solent. Have you been to the campus and had a tour around the accommodation? If not, this may help to inform your decision.

Let us know if you need any help or advice!

Izzy :flower2:
Original post by brandone02
Hey! Hoping to study at Solent in September. I have an interview for Television Production in December so fingers crossed.

Hi @brandone02,

How exciting! Hope your interview goes well. Let us know if you'd like any information about the campus or Southampton in general. Eloise and I are in our second year now so are fairly confident with most things.

Good luck!

Izzy :flower2:
hi! got an interview in a few weeks for Television Production and really wanting to come to Solent so hope it goes well!
Original post by maddiefish74
hi! got an interview in a few weeks for Television Production and really wanting to come to Solent so hope it goes well!

Hi @maddiefish74,

How exciting! Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. I hope it goes well.

Izzy :smile:
I’m hoping to! Social work, fingers crossed!
Original post by Aiiiiiiimeeee

Hi @Aiiiiiiimeeee,

Have you received an offer or are you waiting for an interview? Either way, best of luck with your studies and we hope to see you in September!

Izzy :cute:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi Izzy, my interview is on January 22nd!
Hi Izzy, my interview is on January 22nd!

Hi @Aiiiiiiimeeee

How exciting that it is just around the corner. Do you feel you are prepared? Do you have your travel arrangements sorted and do you know where you are heading to? If they haven’t given you all the information yet, don’t panic, I’m sure they will shortly!

Let us know if you’d like any help or advice in the mean time!

Best of luck,

Izzy :cute:
I have just put 5 course of choices in UCAS's 15th January's deadline and 2 of them are with Solent University.

1 - Fashion Buying & Merchandising
2 - Sports Management

I am concerned that I will be 52 when the course begins this September 2020. I attended the Open Day last November and was very impressed with the University. I had a nice chat with Sports Journalism course leader who looks like Robert de Nero with beard.

I am also profoundly deaf. The smaller class the better for me which will give me more time to get taught :smile: I will have to wait and see if I get accepted from any of the 5 choice of course.
Reply 16
Original post by Solent University
Hi @charlocat,

Glad to hear you are hoping to join us in September.

What course have you applied for?

I have made up a quick thread for students joining us in September so you may be able to chat to people here.

I hope this helps, good luck for your start next year!

Izzy 😊

Hi Izzy :smile: I aim to go into a foundation degree in Marketing, Advertising and Journalism! Thank you for the luck. :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by GatoMessi
I have just put 5 course of choices in UCAS's 15th January's deadline and 2 of them are with Solent University.

1 - Fashion Buying & Merchandising
2 - Sports Management

I am concerned that I will be 52 when the course begins this September 2020. I attended the Open Day last November and was very impressed with the University. I had a nice chat with Sports Journalism course leader who looks like Robert de Nero with beard.

I am also profoundly deaf. The smaller class the better for me which will give me more time to get taught :smile: I will have to wait and see if I get accepted from any of the 5 choice of course.

Hi! OMG- that's so cool. There is absolutely NO need to be concerned about your age when going back into education. I am super proud of you for taking the step back into education- not a lot of people can do that! I guess I need to take my advice myself. :tongue: Can I recommend that you ask your lecturers to use Live Transcribe? Or you might find it useful in class - basically, it live transcribes conversations so it might make it easier for you if you're hard of hearing :smile: (Sorry, it's my job to know about this stuff!) I hope you get accepted. :smile: Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by Ali-oop

Hi hi! Awesome you're from N.I. I am just from the UK, so not as cool. I think a foundation in Marketing OR Events Management. :smile:
Reply 19

:smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending