The Student Room Group

Civil service interviews !

Hi. I had an interview for the CS today. There is one position up for grabs within one particular office but 17 positions available nation wide. My question is, I was told today that they were interviewing in the office I chose for the next 3 days and that 18 people were being interviewed. is it normal that 18 people would be interviewed for 1 position or do you think some of those may have been for other offices ??
Reply 1
Original post by marleysmum3
Hi. I had an interview for the CS today. There is one position up for grabs within one particular office but 17 positions available nation wide. My question is, I was told today that they were interviewing in the office I chose for the next 3 days and that 18 people were being interviewed. is it normal that 18 people would be interviewed for 1 position or do you think some of those may have been for other offices ??

I would guess 18 are being interviewed for your office position with positions nationwide being held at (or near those) offices.

Whether 18 interviews to one position is the norm or not I couldn't say, but it's reasonable seeing as most CS jobs have a lot of applications.

You did well to get to interview, how did it go?
Reply 2
Original post by alf.
I would guess 18 are being interviewed for your office position with positions nationwide being held at (or near those) offices.

Whether 18 interviews to one position is the norm or not I couldn't say, but it's reasonable seeing as most CS jobs have a lot of applications.

You did well to get to interview, how did it go?

I think it went ok. Although who knows ! As there is a possibility theres 18 in the running, I have a slim chance of getting it. I did work for the council for 7 years so used some of my experiences there as examples to the behavior questions. I also worked for the civil service many years ago as a work coach under a temporary contract ( only one year ) I obviously made them aware of that. The job I went for was for an AO position in the national insurance team. I know they were interviewing from Monday until today so not sure when I'll hear.
Reply 3
I think it went ok. Although who knows ! As there is a possibility theres 18 in the running, I have a slim chance of getting it. I did work for the council for 7 years so used some of my experiences there as examples to the behavior questions. I also worked for the civil service many years ago as a work coach under a temporary contract ( only one year ) I obviously made them aware of that. The job I went for was for an AO position in the national insurance team. I know they were interviewing from Monday until today so not sure when I'll hear.

You have the experience, I'm sure you did great :smile:

I applied for the work coach 1 year fixed term vacancy, how did you find it?
Was there any possibility to move to a permanent position?
Reply 4
Original post by alf.
You have the experience, I'm sure you did great :smile:

I applied for the work coach 1 year fixed term vacancy, how did you find it?
Was there any possibility to move to a permanent position?

I absolutely loved the work coach position. I went in on a 3 month contract initially but ended up staying a year. Aftet that they couldn't extend it any further and I was moving out the area anyway. I think there are always opportunities for other positions.
Reply 5
I think I went for the same interview was it in Preston? I was looking for a vacancy is the liverpool office but still had to travel to Preston for the interview x
Reply 6
Original post by Star1982
I think I went for the same interview was it in Preston? I was looking for a vacancy is the liverpool office but still had to travel to Preston for the interview x

Hi. No it was in Kings Lynn. Found out today that I didn't get it but have been put on the reserve list for any other similar jobs. I'm not holding out any hope though! How did you get on ?
Reply 7
Hi. No it was in Kings Lynn. Found out today that I didn't get it but have been put on the reserve list for any other similar jobs. I'm not holding out any hope though! How did you get on ?

Aww sorry to hear that but a reserve list is not so negative. They often resort back to it for other Jobs and at least you passed the interview so well Done . I haven’t heard back yet so fingers crossed but like you there wasn’t a lot of Jobs but lots of applicants x
Reply 8
Aww sorry to hear that but a reserve list is not so negative. They often resort back to it for other Jobs and at least you passed the interview so well Done . I haven’t heard back yet so fingers crossed but like you there wasn’t a lot of Jobs but lots of applicants x

Well let's hope you get your job !! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Was it the National insurance team you applied for ?
Reply 9
Well let's hope you get your job !! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Was it the National insurance team you applied for ?

Yes it was an AO national Insurance team I will keep you updated and thanks x
Yes it was an AO national Insurance team I will keep you updated and thanks x

Did you get your feedback from the interview ? X
Did you get your feedback from the interview ? X

No I haven’t had any what about you? Didn’t know you could get that.Did you get scores from interview
Yes mine are all on the portal ! My feedback was good and overall score was 37 for behaviours & strengths.
Hi, I found out today am on the reserve list also got my scores and feedback which was good x
Hi, I found out today am on the reserve list also got my scores and feedback which was good x

Aww brilliant!! Well done. Lets hope we both get something out of it. Isnt it stressful applying for the CS? So long and drawn out xx
Aww brilliant!! Well done. Lets hope we both get something out of it. Isnt it stressful applying for the CS? So long and drawn out xx

Yes it so stressful fingers crossed for us both I will let you know if I hear anything and will you do the same please ? Xxx
Of course I will. If you want to add me on facebook then do that. My name is kathy Whittaker. My profile pic is me and a friend, long blonde wigs on xx
Thanks so much Kathy I’ve added you my name is stella mitchell xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending