The Student Room Group

Keele A100 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Keele University A100 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Which offer holder day is everyone going to as there are three dates to choose from?
Reply 2
Original post by Ballon D’Or
Which offer holder day is everyone going to as there are three dates to choose from?

I’ve booked the one in March😁
Original post by molly.d
I’ve booked the one in March😁

Ah i booked the February one. Can't bear the wait! :biggrin:
Hey

I wanted to know whether the offer letter contains the annual tuition fee or not. With my other offers, they have all listed x amount per year, but for some reason Keele has not done so. Is this normal or was an error made?
Original post by unlimited123456
Hey

I wanted to know whether the offer letter contains the annual tuition fee or not. With my other offers, they have all listed x amount per year, but for some reason Keele has not done so. Is this normal or was an error made?

Hi, there was no information regarding tuition fees on mine. As far as i'm concerned, if this is something they need to bring to our attention, they will probably do so on a separate email. So i wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:.
Hope this is helpful.
Hi, there was no information regarding tuition fees on mine. As far as i'm concerned, if this is something they need to bring to our attention, they will probably do so on a separate email. So i wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:.
Hope this is helpful.

Well that's a relief, I thought they made a mistake or something. Apparently a follow-up email was sent out, after the initial offers. Did you receive one?
Original post by unlimited123456
Well that's a relief, I thought they made a mistake or something. Apparently a follow-up email was sent out, after the initial offers. Did you receive one?

Hmm, not really no. I only received an email invitation to attend one of the offer holder days.
Hello to everyone on this thread! Congratulations on your offers from Keele! Just thought I'd jump on here to let you know that if you have got any queries regarding the university or the course, please reply to this post or mention me and I will be more than happy to find out for you. :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hello to everyone on this thread! Congratulations on your offers from Keele! Just thought I'd jump on here to let you know that if you have got any queries regarding the university or the course, please reply to this post or mention me and I will be more than happy to find out for you. :smile:

Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me a little about the area and things that students can get up to?

Also is it true that a lot of students have to travel to birmingham or else where to properly go out clubbing?
Original post by iamthestudent
Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me a little about the area and things that students can get up to?

Also is it true that a lot of students have to travel to birmingham or else where to properly go out clubbing?

Hi there! The campus is a 20-25 minute bus ride from Newcastle-under-Lyme. Newcastle-under-Lyme is a smaller town however, the high street has a few shops, cafes and fast food places. There's also a cinema in the town centre, along with an arcade, escape room and laser quest. There are many cafes and restaurants in the area as well, for when you feel like treating yourself and going out for dinner with your friends! Hanley is a bigger town thats a little bit further away from the campus compared to Newcastle-under-Lyme. You will find more restaurants and also a big intu shopping centre in Hanley. The university is also close to Alton Towers. The SU sometimes organises a trip to Alton Towers as well, just to make it easier for students to get there from the campus.

In terms of clubbing, the SU organises something every night in their building. The SU building is one of the biggest SU building in the country and they have had some big acts such as Example, Kristian Nairn and also Jax Jones, just a couple of days ago! There's also a Revolution and Yates in Newcastle-under-Lyme, along with a collection of other clubs and pubs (The Foyer, Reflex, The Kiln etc). As you may have guessed, there are more clubs in Hanley as well. Unfortunately I haven't been to any of the ones in Hanley but I have heard good things about them! I personally don't think it is necessary to travel to Birmingham or Manchester for clubbing, every week. I think Newcastle-under-Lyme and Hanley along with the events organised by the SU is a good mix. However, if you ever want to treat yourself and go into Manchester or Birmingham, this is not difficult either. You can take a bus to Stoke-on-Trent railway station from campus and Manchester is just a 40-50 minute train ride away. I have never been to Birmingham from here before, but I can't imagine it not being that different.

I hope this helps! I hope I haven't missed anything! If you have got more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Hi there! The campus is a 20-25 minute bus ride from Newcastle-under-Lyme. Newcastle-under-Lyme is a smaller town however, the high street has a few shops, cafes and fast food places. There's also a cinema in the town centre, along with an arcade, escape room and laser quest. There are many cafes and restaurants in the area as well, for when you feel like treating yourself and going out for dinner with your friends! Hanley is a bigger town thats a little bit further away from the campus compared to Newcastle-under-Lyme. You will find more restaurants and also a big intu shopping centre in Hanley. The university is also close to Alton Towers. The SU sometimes organises a trip to Alton Towers as well, just to make it easier for students to get there from the campus.

In terms of clubbing, the SU organises something every night in their building. The SU building is one of the biggest SU building in the country and they have had some big acts such as Example, Kristian Nairn and also Jax Jones, just a couple of days ago! There's also a Revolution and Yates in Newcastle-under-Lyme, along with a collection of other clubs and pubs (The Foyer, Reflex, The Kiln etc). As you may have guessed, there are more clubs in Hanley as well. Unfortunately I haven't been to any of the ones in Hanley but I have heard good things about them! I personally don't think it is necessary to travel to Birmingham or Manchester for clubbing, every week. I think Newcastle-under-Lyme and Hanley along with the events organised by the SU is a good mix. However, if you ever want to treat yourself and go into Manchester or Birmingham, this is not difficult either. You can take a bus to Stoke-on-Trent railway station from campus and Manchester is just a 40-50 minute train ride away. I have never been to Birmingham from here before, but I can't imagine it not being that different.

I hope this helps! I hope I haven't missed anything! If you have got more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

wow this is awesome thank you!!

how about things like jobs? are they easy to find out there and how does the SU help?

thanks
Original post by iamthestudent
wow this is awesome thank you!!

how about things like jobs? are they easy to find out there and how does the SU help?

thanks

Hi again! It depends on what type of work you would like to do. If you would like to work part time in retail or catering, there are vacancies in stores, restaurants and cafes in Newcastrle-under-Lyme and the Stoke-on-Trent area, from time to time. However, if you are living on campus, I don't recommend jobs in town since it will be quite inconvenient, going from campus to town often. I knew some students who worked at Keele village last year as well. I personally don't know how often you find vacancies in the area but a quick google search should help you. Keele village is much closer to the campus thn town.

There are also a lot of job opportunities on campus. You can send out an application form for casual work on campus. This will entail working at the campus stores, cafes and bars. This would be a much easier and flexible approach, especially if you will be living on campus. Furthermore, the students union recently hired some students for promotion and organising events etc, so I would keep my eye out for such opportunities. I don't think there would be any harm in emailing the students union about this either. Furthermore, you could apply to work as a student ambassador. It is a very flexible job and you can earn by taking part in open days and offer holder days and many other jobs, depending on when you are free. Also, you would be representing the university and it would help boost your CV as well.

Last but not least, the university send out emails with internship opportunities available in the area. These internships cover a very wide range of subject areas and you can find something that you think you will be more suited to. These internships are a great way to boost your knowledge and work experience. They are quite flexible as well and would be a great point on your CV.

You can find out more information on the job shop page on the SU website. You can open it through this link- https://keelesu.com/jobsandskills/
There's also a little office dedicated to the job shop in the Keele SU, so it gives you a chance to talk someone one on one, if you would prefer that.
Hope this helps! I have just given you an overview of the opportunities available at Keele so that you can get an idea of what sort of things you can do. If you are interested in something and would like to know more information, such as how top apply etc, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
I'll be there tomorrow guys, probably in a puma hoodie feel free to come say hi

Hi!
Right, this might be really stupid, but I received my offer around 10 days ago, but I haven't had a follow up email about offer holder days (which I would really like to attend), would you please be able to find out why I haven't had an email? Or information about the offer holder days.
Thanks
Original post by Makee2992
I'll be there tomorrow guys, probably in a puma hoodie feel free to come say hi

Hi, were you in the clinical skills session today? I was the tall relatively skinny, dark-skinned person if you recognised me :smile: You were the person that named all the pulses on the dummy right? :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, were you in the clinical skills session today? I was the tall relatively skinny, dark-skinned person if you recognised me :smile: You were the person that named all the pulses on the dummy right? :biggrin:

Definitely me! If by tall you mean way above most of them then i recognised you!
Original post by gilbertemmajo
Hi!
Right, this might be really stupid, but I received my offer around 10 days ago, but I haven't had a follow up email about offer holder days (which I would really like to attend), would you please be able to find out why I haven't had an email? Or information about the offer holder days.
Thanks

Hello there! It is not stupid at all! There are offer holders days around every five weeks, leading to September. However, I will email admissions now and find out what's going on. :smile:
Original post by gilbertemmajo
Hi!
Thanks

Hello there! It is not stupid at all! There are offer holders days around every five weeks, leading to September. However, I will email admissions now and find out what's going on. :smile:

Hi again. Would you mind giving me your name and email you used to receive your offer? Admissions have told me that they will look into this. However, there are two more offer holder days in March and April that you can sign up for! You can book into the one your prefer though this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/opendays/offerholderdays/

Hope this helps! :smile:
Hi again. Would you mind giving me your name and email you used to receive your offer? Admissions have told me that they will look into this. However, there are two more offer holder days in March and April that you can sign up for! You can book into the one your prefer though this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/opendays/offerholderdays/

Hope this helps! :smile:

Thankyou! My email is [email protected] and my name Emma-Jo Gilbert

Thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending