The Student Room Group

University of nicosia

hey guys,
I did. my interview to the university of Nicosia medical school on Monday.
I wanted to find out if anyone has already received a place after their interview? And also, when receiving the email after the interview, what was the subject (RE) of the email? I know when receiving my Interview letter, it said RE: Interview invitation’
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

hi! how long after the interview did you recieve a reply?
They said 2 weeks but I received my offer letter exactly a week later
Original post by baddiebeee
They said 2 weeks but I received my offer letter exactly a week later

I recieved my offer for October 2020. Are you a current student at Nicosia or an applicant?
Hey guys :smile:

4th Year MD student and University of Nicosia here.

Studied my bachelors in the UK.

More than happy to answer any specific questions you may have :smile:
Original post by theIVlineYT

Hi! This might sound like an odd question but what do they do if you cant make the fee, any loans for uk students?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! This might sound like an odd question but whaHt do they do if you cant make the fee, any loans for uk students?

Hey there :smile:

Its not an odd question at all. I think they offer scholarships to a certain degree. They offer some fee % off, however i haven't heard of any loans for UK students.

You can email the university directly and ask them about the payment support as they will be more than happy to help you :smile:

Goodluck
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys,
I did. my interview to the university of Nicosia medical school on Monday.
I wanted to find out if anyone has already received a place after their interview? And also, when receiving the email after the interview, what was the subject (RE) of the email? I know when receiving my Interview letter, it said RE: Interview invitation’
Thank you

hiya, what was your interview like? what kind of questions did they ask? what did they expect from you? My interview is next week and I'm very worried
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
I recieved my offer for October 2020. Are you a current student at Nicosia or an applicant?

Got an offer for MD6 October 2020. Did you accept the offer? And where are you from?
Don't worry, It is relatively easy. They are supposed to hand out a guide paper before the interview, solve the questions and mirror practice them. Apart from this, just stay calm and TALK. Don't be silent, even if you are lost or don't know the answer, JUST BS and keep a friendly conversation going on. Lastly, before your interview, do some online research on the questions given in the guide paper. Regards From Bangladesh.
Original post by Shiny_luxa
hiya, what was your interview like? what kind of questions did they ask? what did they expect from you? My interview is next week and I'm very worried

It's still early but do you expect on-campus teaching to resume by the start of the new academic year?
Original post by Maltese Falcon
It's still early but do you expect on-campus teaching to resume by the start of the new academic year?

Cyprus has eased its restrictions since monday. Our cases are now in the single low digits with one death in the last 2 weeks if im not mistaken. So i THINK that the airports will open in july and probably everyone that flies in needs a reason and gets tested. So i'm confident that by late september, the academic year should commence but these are just my thoughts and all official communication will be done by the university.
Cyprus has eased its restrictions since monday. Our cases are now in the single low digits with one death in the last 2 weeks if im not mistaken. So i THINK that the airports will open in july and probably everyone that flies in needs a reason and gets tested. So i'm confident that by late september, the academic year should commence but these are just my thoughts and all official communication will be done by the university.

That's encouraging, thanks!
How long is the academic year in the MD program? Is it 40 weeks? Also, how much does it usually take (or took before the pandemic) for international students to open a bank account and to register with the UNIC primary care centre?
How long is the academic year in the MD program? Is it 40 weeks? Also, how much does it usually take (or took before the pandemic) for international students to open a bank account and to register with the UNIC primary care centre?

Each academic year has 2 semesters. Each semester has 12 weeks. Exam dates and holidays vary for each cohort.
As you climb up the years, the academic semester starts earlier and earlier (late august) - and ends in May - whereas the other cohorts end in June.

The two main banks in Cyprus for students are Bank of Cyprus and Hellenic Bank. They both take around a week to open an account with. Bank of Cyprus gives you a temporary card to use while they issue you a debit card. The temporrary card can only be used for withdrawals and not payments.

You visit the primary care and within your first visit you get registered. As an international student you still have to pay the fee which i think is 30 euros or 20 euros per visit if im not mistaken.
Thank you! On the academic year, what would be the typical start and end date following second semester exams or whatever (e.g., last week Sep to 1st week June, or whatever) after which an international student can return home for the summer break before the next academic year starts. In the UK, this is typically 39 weeks, though not necessarily in med school. I am asking to work out a budget (say, 40 weeks x €100 excluding accommodation = €4,000).
Can you also clarify the GP fee. Is this like the NHS prescription fee (which includes cost of medicine) or do you pay extra for medicine?
Thank you! On the academic year, what would be the typical start and end date following second semester exams or whatever (e.g., last week Sep to 1st week June, or whatever) after which an international student can return home for the summer break before the next academic year starts. In the UK, this is typically 39 weeks, though not necessarily in med school. I am asking to work out a budget (say, 40 weeks x €100 excluding accommodation = €4,000).

Semester usually ends mid June from year 1-2.
End of May in year 3.
And so on.
Holidays are from May/June - Septemeber

So 3 months worth of holiday.

I’m not sure I quiet get what you’re asking. Are you trying to work out a budget for staying in Cyprus during the summer break? Or the budget during the academic year?
Semester usually ends mid June from year 1-2.
End of May in year 3.
And so on.
Holidays are from May/June - Septemeber

So 3 months worth of holiday.

I’m not sure I quiet get what you’re asking. Are you trying to work out a budget for staying in Cyprus during the summer break? Or the budget during the academic year?

Budget for the academic year. This answers my question, thanks!
Hello, I recently got an offer for medicine at this uni but I'm unsure if I am going to attend because I don't know how student loans work or how I will be able to finance my studies, Is there any advice I can get on how to do this? thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending