The Student Room Group

Round 2 Chemistry Olympiad Discussion 2020

hello. this is a thread for people who qualified for round 2 of the 2020 chemistry olympiad in order to discuss the preparation work set and the round 2 in general.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by skadjlKLAdsad
hello. this is a thread for people who qualified for round 2 of the 2020 chemistry olympiad in order to discuss the preparation work set and the round 2 in general.

Congrats, I also qualified for round 2. Pretty excited for it, noone at my school has ever done it before lol, so not really sure what to expect.

What was your score in round 1? And what are your plans for university/the future?
egg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey! Shocked myself and managed to get 84/86. Am still in Yr 12 and so am deciding between Oxford chemistry and Cambridge nat sci - how’s the round 2 preparation going?
They sent us a lottt of reading!

Wow that's a really impressive score (highest in country?), especially for a year 12. Sounds like a difficult decision for uni lol, I'm holding an offer for maths and computer science at Oxford. And yeah okay tbh, need to do a lot of organics and that textbook was a lot more than I expected lol... Wbu?
Reply 4
Original post by skadjl\KLAdsad
Hey! Shocked myself and managed to get 84/86. Am still in Yr 12 and so am deciding between Oxford chemistry and Cambridge nat sci - how’s the round 2 preparation going?
They sent us a lottt of reading!

How did you get such an amazing score in year 12? Damn
Reply 5
Original post by jdkffs hello
hey guys, on the rsc website, it says that students have been contacted with information about the online version of round 2 - I haven't received this, have any of you?

Yep I've had mine - came via my teacher this morning. Maybe check with your teacher?
egg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
(Original post by danh2002)Yep I've had mine - came via my teacher this morning. Maybe check with your teacher?
Damn. My teacher hasn’t sent it and we’ve broken up now so he won’t check his emails.... can i ask you a massive favour? If I pm you my email address, you couldn’t forward the stuff you got could you?

Yeah ofc, can do. They've asked us to email them confirming our place and personal email address anyway so you'll be fine.
Original post by danh2002
Yeah ofc, can do. They've asked us to email them confirming our place and personal email address anyway so you'll be fine.

egg
(edited 4 years ago)
hey.. has the rsc education e-mail sent you anything since you replied to them?
hey.. has the rsc education e-mail sent you anything since you replied to them?

Nope, haven't heard anything. Wbu?
Original post by danh2002
Nope, haven't heard anything. Wbu?

egg
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah me neither. My teacher still hasn't e-mailed me.... I'm started to think I might have been screwed if you hadn't helped me!!

Okay cool, hopefully they get back to us soon. And that's okay lol, glad I could help.
Any updates guys?
Any updates guys?

Nope..... You?
egg
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah... I’m just being super paranoid that they haven’t got me on their list.... I don’t think they sent an e-mail to my teacher so I don’t even know what’s going on😂😭

Okay I had an email from them this morning. Didn't really say much except they'll send out more details soon.
yup same here.... ok cool I can relax now!!
egg
egg

How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending