The Student Room Group

What are you doing during self-isolation or generally being at home?

Hi there!

I was thinking about how some people's daily lives have changed because of coronavirus currently in the UK. I just wanted to know some things for a design brief I am undertaking at University, where I will be considering the impact on whether the concept I am designing would be beneficial in these circumstances.

What do you currently do whilst at home or self-isolating? (Run me through anything you do, eg. Watching Netflix, using Amazon Alexa, anything!)

Are you learning anything new?

Your answers will be anonymous, and by answering these questions you give me permission to using your answer in this context.

Thanks for all your help!

Scroll to see replies

As many other students, I am now self-studying at home. Currently, I am in year 12.

Personally, I am following my school timetable but surprisingly I feel like I am learning more at home!

My A-Levels are Chemistry, Physics and Psychology and already I can see an improvement in my assessments.

Now that I have a bit of free time, I am planning on watching a few science-based documentaries since all my work experience and open days at universities have been cancelled.
trying to complete a uni essay
Hi i’m in year 11 who’s going into year 12 in September. I don’t know if i should be making notes for a levels now whilst being in quarantine? I’m so bored i don’t know what else to do. I may choose to do Chem, English Lit and Maths or perhaps psychology for a levels but i’m not 100% sure yet. please help!!
I've had lots more time for music practice and learning music history, which is a fun change from doing work for my physics degree!
Not what I planned!
I knew it was coming so I’ve bought paint, furnishings and accessories to redecorate my utility, kitchen and dining room
Unfortunately those spaces have become offices as my sons are working from home.
My husband is not allowed to return to work as I am high risk and his mum is terminally ill. So I have three men under my feet all day
I have two reasonably small gardens to tidy tomorrow and then I’ll move on to emptying out my wardrobes and drawers. After that it’ll just be the normal cooking and washing. Although I’ve taken two free months of kindle unlimited so I may just read all day instead
Working from home (8hrs a day Mon-Fri)
Writing a novel
Playing video games
Ohhh okay thank you
Original post by hana_hashemi
Hi i’m in year 11 who’s going into year 12 in September. I don’t know if i should be making notes for a levels now whilst being in quarantine? I’m so bored i don’t know what else to do. I may choose to do Chem, English Lit and Maths or perhaps psychology for a levels but i’m not 100% sure yet. please help!!

Hi I did my A levels around 4 years ago! So they changed the method since then, but when I was learning I did not really do any prep for anything. Especially maths, the beginning was like a little bit GCSE maths. So you could potentially but I feel like you might forget till then, maybe take up a new hobby in the meantime!
Original post by 5hyl33n
As many other students, I am now self-studying at home. Currently, I am in year 12.

Personally, I am following my school timetable but surprisingly I feel like I am learning more at home!

My A-Levels are Chemistry, Physics and Psychology and already I can see an improvement in my assessments.

Now that I have a bit of free time, I am planning on watching a few science-based documentaries since all my work experience and open days at universities have been cancelled.

That is really good! I am a homeworker too, have been since GCSEs, so I definitely feel you. Even with my current uni work, I actually love being back home for good! Hope all goes well for your university choices tho!
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
I've had lots more time for music practice and learning music history, which is a fun change from doing work for my physics degree!

Love that! I am like you! I do a Graphics degree but I learn physics in my spare time lol
Reply 11
Not doing my uni work ifyaknowwhatImean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk
Original post by issawrap
trying to complete a uni essay

Good luck!
Original post by Sammylou40
Not what I planned!
I knew it was coming so I’ve bought paint, furnishings and accessories to redecorate my utility, kitchen and dining room
Unfortunately those spaces have become offices as my sons are working from home.
My husband is not allowed to return to work as I am high risk and his mum is terminally ill. So I have three men under my feet all day
I have two reasonably small gardens to tidy tomorrow and then I’ll move on to emptying out my wardrobes and drawers. After that it’ll just be the normal cooking and washing. Although I’ve taken two free months of kindle unlimited so I may just read all day instead

Best of luck to you! Sounds like you're keeping very busy which is a really good thing tho! I defo know a lot of people are in the midst of redecorating, kind of a blessing in disguise, hopefully you can put in some 'you' time :smile:
Original post by sinfonietta
Working from home (8hrs a day Mon-Fri)
Writing a novel
Playing video games

Haha sounds nice, hope the novel goes well!
Original post by Shimo
Not doing my uni work ifyaknowwhatImean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co_DNpTMKXk

LOL unfortunately not, I still have to do my coursework but online submissions hence this :rolleyes:
Original post by 5hyl33n

Dang Shyleen your so productive I literally done nothing...
Just kicking about, wondering why I can't pick up or spend the coins the things I kill drop

Attachment not found
Original post by 1st superstar
Dang Shyleen your so productive I literally done nothing...

PRSOM.

Oh, my teachers won’t leave me alone. One even set homework at 11:30pm.
Original post by 5hyl33n
PRSOM.

Oh, my teachers won’t leave me alone. One even set homework at 11:30pm.

I see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending