The Student Room Group

Living at home during uni

Living at home during my time at uni has never been a problem for me. I love having my family around, so moving out wasn’t something I saw myself doing. I'm really lucky because I live close to BCU, it only takes me 20 mins to get to university!

There’s a bit of a stereotype that if you live at home during university, you’ll be left out and feel alienated, but this isn’t true at all. I have lots of friends who live in student accommodation and friends that commute and I’ve never felt lonely or isolated.

I would say the best thing about living at home is definitely the home cooked meals as well as the calming environment that allows me to relax after uni and focus on my revision. This allows me to have a safe space away from university to escape the worries of being a student. I also love that I can share my experiences with my family when they happen.

If you are living at home during university and have any questions, don’t be shy to ask as I am more than happy to give my advice or tips for making the most of living at home during uni.

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending