The Student Room Group

Private exam resits cancelled, 3 years of A levels?

I didn't get high enough grades at GCSE to do the subjects I wanted to do - biology, geography and chemistry. Signed up as a private candidate to retake a few GCSES so I'd be able to do A-levels the next year.

Now that they're cancelled, let's say I sit the retakes next year. If I get the results I want, should I join sixth form/college halfway through the year and catch up OR should I get my results then wait till the next year to do A levels? I don't know what to do right now because that would mean I'd be delayed by 3 years and I can't even guarantee that I'll get the GCSE results or A level results I want :frown:
Original post by Retten
I didn't get high enough grades at GCSE to do the subjects I wanted to do - biology, geography and chemistry. Signed up as a private candidate to retake a few GCSES so I'd be able to do A-levels the next year.

Now that they're cancelled, let's say I sit the retakes next year. If I get the results I want, should I join sixth form/college halfway through the year and catch up OR should I get my results then wait till the next year to do A levels? I don't know what to do right now because that would mean I'd be delayed by 3 years and I can't even guarantee that I'll get the GCSE results or A level results I want :frown:

This gets confusing.

Y11- you dont get GCSE you need.
Y12? What were you doing? + also doing GCSE resit.
Y13 Take resits?

You are being confusing and need to explain the situation again , maybe use a timeline.
You can do the GCSE in September/ Nov.
I suggest you talk to your school, they may let you join 6th form or start A levels if you pass.
What grades did you get originally for these subjects plus English and Maths?
At some stage sixth forms will not wait and wont take you for A level.
It then becomes very difficult to do unless you find a college which does them , which is rare.

Quick Reply

Latest