The Student Room Group

the lockdown needs to end asap, i can't stand it anymore, and i'm going ****ing crazy

Scroll to see replies

Its difficult with it being easter, but have some 'working structure' be it school work, revision plan, year 13s going to uni making notes on new modules you will learn, MOOC, etc.
Make sure you eat at regular times like you would do during the day.
Have a 'walking time' if you can.
We have 4 in our house, we all have our own separate room we can go to so we are not always in each others faces (it saves on sanity!).
Have your 'you time'. be it having a bath/shower, reading a book, movie. colour a picture even.
Social media and news time. Dont spend too much on the news, it is all doom and gloom at the moment, so limit yourself when you can.

By having a bit of structure in the day, it does make things a bit bearable.
Reply 41
Original post by Ghostlady
Its difficult with it being easter, but have some 'working structure' be it school work, revision plan, year 13s going to uni making notes on new modules you will learn, MOOC, etc.
Make sure you eat at regular times like you would do during the day.
Have a 'walking time' if you can.
We have 4 in our house, we all have our own separate room we can go to so we are not always in each others faces (it saves on sanity!).
Have your 'you time'. be it having a bath/shower, reading a book, movie. colour a picture even.
Social media and news time. Dont spend too much on the news, it is all doom and gloom at the moment, so limit yourself when you can.

By having a bit of structure in the day, it does make things a bit bearable.

don't get me wrong, it's all good advice. but my day structure isn't the problem here. my bf being home 24/ and going ****ing crazy because he's not used to being stuck at home, unlike me, is.
Original post by Ciel.
don't get me wrong, it's all good advice. but my day structure isn't the problem here. my bf being home 24/ and going ****ing crazy because he's not used to being stuck at home, unlike me, is.

What does your b/f do? if he doesn't do anything then it will be hard as he wont feel any motivation and will only lash out in frustration.
Reply 43
What does your b/f do? if he doesn't do anything then it will be hard as he wont feel any motivation and will only lash out in frustration.

he works from home, but that doesn't change anything. he still feels trapped etc. and we fight all the time.
Original post by Ciel.
he works from home, but that doesn't change anything. he still feels trapped etc. and we fight all the time.

I say you ‘get busy’
Ok, you may be 'ok with dying from corona', but other people aren't. If you get it, then it'll spread to other people, meaning we'll be on lockdown for even longer.

I'm sorry you've been struggling, but we've still got at least 5/6 weeks of lockdown so maybe you should try some new routines to cope, like exercise and learn a new hobby.Submit reply
Original post by Ciel.

I work from home.. Its good hes working, so that's something. He just needs to set the rest of the time around him. Even going for a walk will help as you are taking you mind away from the house. Is he having any contact with others like on facetime and that?
Reply 47
Original post by Kirkhamm
Ok, you may be 'ok with dying from corona', but other people aren't. If you get it, then it'll spread to other people, meaning we'll be on lockdown for even longer.

I'm sorry you've been struggling, but we've still got at least 5/6 weeks of lockdown so maybe you should try some new routines to cope, like exercise and learn a new hobby.Submit reply

6 weeks? no, **** that.
I work from home.. Its good hes working, so that's something. He just needs to set the rest of the time around him. Even going for a walk will help as you are taking you mind away from the house. Is he having any contact with others like on facetime and that?

sometimes... his mother facetimes him a lot too.

5-6 more weeks? I’m done, I don’t even know how long we’ve already been in lockdown I’ve lost all sense of time
Reply 49
Original post by Greywolftwo
5-6 more weeks? I’m done, I don’t even know how long we’ve already been in lockdown I’ve lost all sense of time

****ing same. i feel like my mind is disintegrating. and i like, i keep losing time? idk how else to describe it. sometimes minutes. sometimes hours. it's so ****ing bizzare. i'm pretty sure it's due to stress.
Original post by Ciel.
****ing same. i feel like my mind is disintegrating. and i like, i keep losing time? idk how else to describe it. sometimes minutes. sometimes hours. it's so ****ing bizzare. i'm pretty sure it's due to stress.

Stress, boredom, lack of social interaction - the whole lot
Original post by Ciel.
6 weeks? no, **** that.

sometimes... his mother facetimes him a lot too.

So he does have some sort of contact with the outside world, he does work from home. If he fill in some more of the gaps with other things he can do and enjoy then its something. And dont forget night together too to treat yourselves. You need some closeness as being snappy does push each other away.. Movie, wine meal, snuggle on the sofa. Or order takeaway.

Why are people acting shocked that it's going to be another month or so... Do people not realise that this is a global pandemic and hundreds of people are dying everyday... Like our PM is in intensive care rn...
Why are people acting shocked that it's going to be another month or so... Do people not realise that this is a global pandemic and hundreds of people are dying everyday... Like our PM is in intensive care rn...

We realise it, it’s just that the affect it will have on society will be profound, I wouldn’t be surprised if you see a lot more domestic violence and homicides as well as a sharp increase in suicide rates
Reply 54
Stress, boredom, lack of social interaction - the whole lot

eh :/
So he does have some sort of contact with the outside world, he does work from home. If he fill in some more of the gaps with other things he can do and enjoy then its something. And dont forget night together too to treat yourselves. You need some closeness as being snappy does push each other away.. Movie, wine meal, snuggle on the sofa. Or order takeaway.

it's like he just doesn't want to. i just don't know what's wrong with him anymore. i think it's the new situation. maybe things will get better.
Original post by Ciel.
no.

Well guess what? My friend said we won’t be friends until I try and get some help, I guess I have no friends now, what a shame I’m all alone
Reply 56
And yet so many people think prison is easy .🐔
Reply 57
Well guess what? My friend said we won’t be friends until I try and get some help, I guess I have no friends now, what a shame I’m all alone

what a *****. no offence but she sounds like she has issues. find new friends. maybe in the art community, you're into drawing, right?
Original post by Ciel.
what a *****. no offence but she sounds like she has issues. find new friends. maybe in the art community, you're into drawing, right?

I’m not into drawing no. She’s not a bad friend believe me, she’s been there for me more times than I can count, she just thinks it would be best for me to talk to an adult so I can get some proper help, she really does care
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 59
I’m not into drawing no. She’s not a bad friend believe me, she’s been there for me more times than I can count, she just thinks it would be best for me to talk to an adult so I can get some proper help, she really does care

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
they offer anon chats with counselors if you need one

Quick Reply

Latest