The Student Room Group

How do I stop being too dumb to learn programming?

I can't start my programming assignments or focus on work/studying, I have autism/adhd but even with 20mg of ritalin, I cannot focus or be motivated to start anything at all, I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Don't bump after just 20 mins.
Original post by vzkzwx
I can't start my programming assignments or focus on work/studying, I have autism/adhd but even with 20mg of ritalin, I cannot focus or be motivated to start anything at all, I don't know what to do.

Hi Vzkzwx,

I believe you have 3 issues:

Issue 1: You lack a method to concentrate efficiently
Issue 2: You need to evacuate the emotional worries that are holding you back quickly and increase your energy level
Issue 3: Because of your ADHD, It will always be 10 times more difficult for you to concentrate if you just rely on short term approaches

Issue 1: You lack a method to concentrate efficiently
Solution: Use unconscious attention instead of conscious attention
What is your strategy?
your conscious mind and unconscious mind act as a team and There are two types of focus: Conscious attention (Willpower) and Unconscious attention (Daydreaming).

If they disagree, there is an inner conflict that creates inner resistance. That 's why you get sidetrack and find it hard to concentrate.

It is much easier to use on unconscious attention to stay focus rather than relying on conscious attention to force focus. You don't get tired
SO, Always start by making them agree together when trying to achieve any task you might consider difficult.
Before you start, draw an image of the topic, put it on your left, and visualize it for 1 min. The energy you spend drawing the image is far less than the energy you would spend fighting against internal distractions later. You will observe how easy to "get IN " the task.

If your attention wanders, just look at the picture again from time to time to easily get back on track.

The process goes like this (see the attached picture)
Step 1 handwrite your goal 3 times at least

Step 2 draw the first image that comes out from your mind about the topic you want to achieve

Step 3 put it on your left eye’s side

Step 4 look at this image (countdown internally until 70 )

Step 5 starts working on the activity. Put any development you do on your right side.

Issue 2: It needs to evacuate the emotional worries that are holding you back quickly and increase your energy level
Per order level of difficulties
a- Cook and eat fresh vegetables starting today for at least 3 days. You will feel much more energized after day 2.
b- Call a friend or a family or an ex-girlfriend /boyfriend you haven't meet for a long time and have a long chat (You will see the result the next day)
C- take a cold shower (you will see the impact within the 3 hours)
D- go running. (You will see the result the next day)
Go running and do intense work out sessions for 2 consecutive day
Intense SPort is the fastest way to evacuate the emotions you had accumulated.
You will feel more energized with a mind clear afterward for a longer period of time.
Thus You will come back to work on your assignments.

Issue 3: Because of your ADHD, It is will always be 10 times more difficult for you to concentrate if you just rely on short term approaches
For the long term, I really suggest you start doing meditation for your AHDH issue. You will notice an improvement in your ability to command your brain to concentrate within 12 days. Plus you will unconsciously do the right things without planning (I call thins Unconscious tracking).

Courage. Don't Quit. Make today Count.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending