The Student Room Group

I seriously need help and advice

So basically after college closed cuz of lockdown i went haywire my whole life feels messed up
I was ment to use this time to catch up on my AS work and to do revision but all I've been doing is sitting on my phone all day doing nothing.My rooms a absolute mess my revision plan has gone to **** and my sleeping pattern is messed to different levels i sleep at around 6am and wake up 2 or 3pm and i hate it half the day is gone and i have no time to do anything
I dont even have any motivation to start work or revision and keep putting it of im not sure why i lost motivation and dont have energy to do anything productive and keep procrastinating on everything
I feel extremely demotivated and that I'm gonna fail all my a levels next year and i should drop out
Any advice
To fix my life
Sleeping pattern
Revison plan
Motivation
How to wake up and sleep early
I guess im also a little overwhelmed by a levels and the amount of content and dont know where to start because im very behind and i planned to start everything from scratch which just looks impossible to push my grades from c/d to a/b
Ps im also struggling a whole lot in maths my grade went from a B to a U so any advice or tips for maths as/a levels?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
R u a Indian
Original post by Itzmeee
So basically after college closed cuz of lockdown i went haywire my whole life feels messed up
I was ment to use this time to catch up on my AS work and to do revision but all I've been doing is sitting on my phone all day doing nothing.My rooms a absolute mess my revision plan has gone to **** and my sleeping pattern is messed to different levels i sleep at around 6am and wake up 2 or 3pm and i hate it half the day is gone and i have no time to do anything
I dont even have any motivation to start work or revision and keep putting it of im not sure why i lost motivation and dont have energy to do anything productive and keep procrastinating on everything
I feel extremely demotivated and that I'm gonna fail all my a levels next year and i should drop out
Any advice
To fix my life
Sleeping pattern
Revison plan
Motivation
How to wake up and sleep early
I guess im also a little overwhelmed by a levels and the amount of content and dont know where to start because im very behind and i planned to start everything from scratch which just looks impossible to push my grades from c/d to a/b
Ps im also struggling a whole lot in maths my grade went from a B to a U so any advice or tips for maths as/a levels?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

A levels aren't actually that hard, for me it's one of them been there done that scenarios. I flopped mine and I know I could've aced them if I put the effort in. I ended up with DDD but was expected to get ABC as I was pretty good at the subjects I chose. However life sometimes likes to throw curveballs so I had a bunch of family conflicts that ended up demotivating me.

Honestly speaking you need motivation mate. Once you're burnt out, your burnt out. It's as simple as that.

Think about what you'll achieve by getting high grades, how you'll be able to flex your grades over your peers, how you'll be able to motivate your siblings with your high grades. Or simply think about how smoothly life will run if you pattern a good result. A low grade will get you into uni as well but it won't get you into the one YOU WANT.
Reply 3
Original post by ArpitaMishra
R u a Indian

No 😂what makes u say that
Reply 4
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
A levels aren't actually that hard, for me it's one of them been there done that scenarios. I flopped mine and I know I could've aced them if I put the effort in. I ended up with DDD but was expected to get ABC as I was pretty good at the subjects I chose. However life sometimes likes to throw curveballs so I had a bunch of family conflicts that ended up demotivating me.

Honestly speaking you need motivation mate. Once you're burnt out, your burnt out. It's as simple as that.

Think about what you'll achieve by getting high grades, how you'll be able to flex your grades over your peers, how you'll be able to motivate your siblings with your high grades. Or simply think about how smoothly life will run if you pattern a good result. A low grade will get you into uni as well but it won't get you into the one YOU WANT.

Yh true I'm not burnt out though well i dont think i am anyway just demotivated
Anyways I'll probably go watch some motivational speaker vids on ytube or something :frown:
Thx for the advice tho

Quick Reply

Latest