The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University Nursing 2020 applicants.

Hi!

I've received an offer from York University for Adult Nursing, I've made this my firm choice. Anyone else going to York?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, this week I received an unconditional offer for Mental Health Nursing in the university of York. I am a mature student from Leeds. Does anyone know how many days a week you have to study at the university of York? I haven't yet confirmed the offer as waiting for the other university interviews-hesitating between York and Leeds. Leeds is easier for me as I don't drive (planning to live at home) but York is so nice, I really liked it there!
(edited 4 years ago)
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Koshka83
Hi, this week I received an unconditional offer for Mental Health Nursing in the university of York. I am a mature student from Leeds. Does anyone know how many days a week you have to study at the university of York? I haven't yet confirmed the offer as waiting for the other university interviews-hesitating between York and Leeds. Leeds is easier for me as I don't drive (planning to live at home) but York is so nice, I really liked it there!

Hmmm I’m not sure really but the layout of the programme is nicer at York. Basically whenever you’re on placement you don’t have to attend any university classes and you also have no assignments or exams due when you’re on placement which reduces so much stress. Not sure if they do this elsewhere but York also offers the prescribing module within the course.
Reply 3
Hey, I've got an interview for York also for adult nursing and I'm honestly terrified 😅
Reply 4
Hi, don't be scared. The interview is stressless and very relaxed. The staff are nice and welcoming. You will first meet tutors in a lecture room where they will explain everything about the selection day at the university of York. You will be devided into small groups and attend a group interview, a few mini multiple interviews, where you will discuss different life situations, and then see the simulation room. You will have time to ask questions. Don't worry and good luck!
I have an interview for children's nursing on the 15th February at York, was wondering if there is anyone else going to it.
hi i have interview for mental health nursing from uni of york as well. can you give me tips and advice please? and how was the numeracy test?
Reply 7
Original post by Jay-e-net
hi i have interview for mental health nursing from uni of york as well. can you give me tips and advice please? and how was the numeracy test?

Numeracy test is fine, very easy they explain this on the day. Just make sure you share your ideas in the group discussions and answer the multiple mini interviews the best you can.
Reply 8
University of York??? they’ve not given me a response yet
Reply 9
Original post by peachparty
Hi!

I've received an offer from York University for Adult Nursing, I've made this my firm choice. Anyone else going to York?

i am hoping to go , i’m just waiting for them to reply me
Reply 10
who else wants to go University of York to study adult nursing ?
I received my offer from York University today and made York my firm choice! Over the moon roll on September!🥳
Reply 12
Original post by DannielleRachael
I received my offer from York University today and made York my firm choice! Over the moon roll on September!🥳

Uni of york or York uni
Numeracy test is fine, very easy they explain this on the day. Just make sure you share your ideas in the group discussions and answer the multiple mini interviews the best you can.

thank you so much. It went and I’ve been given an offer
Hi, when did you apply? And have they replied yet? I emailed to ask if they would change my course to adult nursing instead, but I think it is unlikely that they would accept :frown: x
Original post by alana.t.ross
Hi, when did you apply? And have they replied yet? I emailed to ask if they would change my course to adult nursing instead, but I think it is unlikely that they would accept :frown: x

What did you apply for initially? If the grades are similar then I don’t see why they can’t change it for you. Although it depends on the space available in adult nursing and if you do meet their requirements, it’ll take some time to change your course.
Hi!

Hello im going too!! i just wondered if anyone has set up a Facebook page for all of us to join?
I was wondering if there was a Facebook group too
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello, has anyone had a Skype interview with york for adult nursing?? I have one next week and was wondering what maths questions they ask? Need to brush up lol
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, has anyone had a Skype interview with york for adult nursing?? I have one next week and was wondering what maths questions they ask? Need to brush up lol

Hi, i had my interview with them today for the same course, it was good actually and only took around 20 minutes... 2 ladies were there and they were really nice... they asked 2 or 3 questions related to your a time in your life that you made a good impact on somebody else and why i wanted to be a nurse, there were 4 maths questions which were very easy (there are 30 patients and 60% of them are men, how many are women?) and you get a multiple choice for all of them. they then let you ask questions and give you a run down of the course, hope this helps:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending