The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

2021 Applicants for the University of Exeter:

I’m considering doing biomedical science at Exeter in 2021, what are all of you considering doing there?

My GCSEs are 65555444

A levels - biology, chemistry and psychology

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck with your application!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
My daughter really wants to to go to Exeter (2021) to do English & drama. Do they look at GCSE results and how strict are they with grades? Currently doing BTEC acting (worth 2 A levels), A level English and A level History (not expecting a particularly good grade in History)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Amp242
My daughter really wants to to go to Exeter (2021) to do English & drama. Do they look at GCSE results and how strict are they with grades? Currently doing BTEC acting (worth 2 A levels), A level English and A level History (not expecting a particularly good grade in History)

Exeter dont tend to take too much notice of GCSE grades but for English courses would usually require grade 6 in English Language courses. English is one of Exeter's flagship courses so will require very high grades in the BTEC and an A level. If she is struggling with History then get her to drop it. Getting the 3 highest grades will be far more beneficial.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Exeter dont tend to take too much notice of GCSE grades but for English courses would usually require grade 6 in English Language courses. English is one of Exeter's flagship courses so will require very high grades in the BTEC and an A level. If she is struggling with History then get her to drop it. Getting the 3 highest grades will be far more beneficial.

Thank you. She got an 8 in Eng Lan GCSE (and a 9 in Drama) overall GCSE: 9,8,8,7,6,5,4,4,4,4

She will be predicted a D-D/D*-D* in BTEC drama and an A/A* in English..... but History likely to be about a C.
She is hoping Exeter will interview her as she will be able to show her passion for the subject 🙏
Original post by Amp242
Thank you. She got an 8 in Eng Lan GCSE (and a 9 in Drama) overall GCSE: 9,8,8,7,6,5,4,4,4,4

She will be predicted a D-D/D*-D* in BTEC drama and an A/A* in English..... but History likely to be about a C.
She is hoping Exeter will interview her as she will be able to show her passion for the subject 🙏

She is unlikely to get an interview. Most universities only interview students for course where there is a legal need like teaching, nursing etc. The likelyhood is it will either be an acceptance or rejection. If she is to get the D* or A* she will probably be made an offer. I think the standard offer is A*AA or equivalent although Exeter also offers a lower contextual offer if certain conditions are met as regards post codes or schooling.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
She is unlikely to get an interview. Most universities only interview students for course where there is a legal need like teaching, nursing etc. The likelyhood is it will either be an acceptance or rejection. If she is to get the D* or A* she will probably be made an offer. I think the standard offer is A*AA or equivalent although Exeter also offers a lower contextual offer if certain conditions are met as regards post codes or schooling.

Thank you for the info.
Original post by The-judge-16
I’m considering doing biomedical science at Exeter in 2021, what are all of you considering doing there?

My GCSEs are 65555444

I'm planning on doing law

GCSE 8,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,6,B

A-Levels - History, Maths and politics
My sister is considering biochemistry -

GCSEs 999998887

A-levels - Biology (A*), English Literature (A*) and Chemistry (A)

My GCSEs are 65555444

I think I want to go to Exeter to do a joint honours degree in maths and French with a year abroad
My GCSEs are 999887776
A levels: Maths, French and Chemistry
Does anyone know entry requirements because I can't rly find them on the website?
Original post by MattyM7373
I think I want to go to Exeter to do a joint honours degree in maths and French with a year abroad
My GCSEs are 999887776
A levels: Maths, French and Chemistry
Does anyone know entry requirements because I can't rly find them on the website?

I looked in the prospectus and it's AAB-ABB at Penryn and A*AA-AAB at streatham

My GCSEs are 65555444

Hey all!
I’m considering applying for Philosophy.
GCSEs: 887755544 (I was not in school for the vast majority of secondary school due to severe health issues, but I’m still pretty proud of these grades)
A levels: English Literature, History and Law.

Good luck with applications everyone :smile: have any of you started on your personal statement?
Original post by justjas33
Hey all!
I’m considering applying for Philosophy.
GCSEs: 887755544 (I was not in school for the vast majority of secondary school due to severe health issues, but I’m still pretty proud of these grades)
A levels: English Literature, History and Law.

Good luck with applications everyone :smile: have any of you started on your personal statement?

Wow, your GCSEs are incredible! Considering the fact that you was out of school and you achieved 2 8s and 2 7s! You should be very proud
Wow, your GCSEs are incredible! Considering the fact that you was out of school and you achieved 2 8s and 2 7s! You should be very proud

Aw thank you so much! You’re so kind :smile: I really wanted to get at least close to what I could have got if I didn’t have all that going on throughout secondary and I’m actually still relieved I kinda did that. It was definitely an experience tho😅
Aw thank you so much! You’re so kind :smile: I really wanted to get at least close to what I could have got if I didn’t have all that going on throughout secondary and I’m actually still relieved I kinda did that. It was definitely an experience tho😅

Honestly I know what it is like, I too had a lot of problems in year 11 and as a result came out with bad GCSEs.
Honestly I know what it is like, I too had a lot of problems in year 11 and as a result came out with bad GCSEs.

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time, it’s so frustrating when something out of your control affects something that should totally be in your control you know? I’m sure your grades won’t affect uni too much though - don’t forget that they consider extenuating circumstances, and most unis don’t care about GCSEs too much :smile: plus your GCSEs aren’t bad in the slightest!
(edited 3 years ago)
geography
gcses: A*888887777

a levels: geography (a*) english lit (a*/a) economics (a) epq (a*) and as level maths (a/b)

also applying to oxford, durham, bham and probs leeds
I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time, it’s so frustrating when something out of your control affects something that should totally be in your control you know? I’m sure your grades won’t affect uni too much though - don’t forget that they consider extenuating circumstances, and most unis don’t care about GCSEs too much :smile: plus your GCSEs aren’t bad in the slightest!

Thank you, it means a lot to hear from someone who’s been in a similar situation to me. I wish you all the best with your studies.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you, it means a lot to hear from someone who’s been in a similar situation to me. I wish you all the best with your studies.

You too :smile:
You too :smile:

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending