The Student Room Group

WJEC Eduqas Poetry Anthology. WTF DO I REVISE?

So, I'm currently self-isolating which means I have to teach myself about the poetry anthology. My school's English department isn't helping and I don't know what to make notes on. Should I write just about themes and context? I have the CGP revision guide but that doesn't help. HELP
Reply 1
Omgosh basically there’s this guy on YouTube called dystopiajunkie. I’m not lying my grades went up in my poetry essays bc of him. I suggest taking notes from his videos after going through the cpg guide. Make sure u have a feel about the poem before watching his videos.

My advice generally would be to firstly annotate your poems then make essay guides on each one. If your in y10, I’ll leave it at that , but make sure u know ur guides properly. Then once we hopefully open sch again, write up essays then give them to ur teacher for making then improve until your satisfied.
Original post by biology_nerd
So, I'm currently self-isolating which means I have to teach myself about the poetry anthology. My school's English department isn't helping and I don't know what to make notes on. Should I write just about themes and context? I have the CGP revision guide but that doesn't help. HELP

Hey there, what specific poems do you need to revise for? Usually, poetry analysis is largely about close reading stylistic / poetic devices, and understanding how they relate to the broader themes and messages.
Original post by Hyperbolit
Hey there, what specific poems do you need to revise for? Usually, poetry analysis is largely about close reading stylistic / poetic devices, and understanding how they relate to the broader themes and messages.

Hi, we have to revise all the poems in the anthology https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/i4wm5qce/15-poetry-anthology-pdf.pdf
Hi, can you go onto YouTube and look at a guy called the Dystopian Junkie. He goes.over all the poems in the eduqas poetry anthology and looks at how you can compare the poems and the way themes are expressed. There is also a teacher called miss bird who has started to upload some fantastic videos on the war poems so far and models comparison paragraphs. Let me know how you get on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending