The Student Room Group

Is taking physiology and sociology a level good for becoming a family lawyer?

And are my gcse relevant to becoming a family lawyer?
And can become a lawyer with apprenticeship?
Original post by Nidaax01
And are my gcse relevant to becoming a family lawyer?
And can become a lawyer with apprenticeship?

There are no set A levels, just get good grades.
Not sure why you think those two give you some advantage for family law?
Yes you could do a degree apprenticeship and become a lawyer that way but doubt there are many just for family law.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
There are no set A levels, just get good grades.
Not sure why you think those two give you some advantage for family law?
Yes you could do a degree apprenticeship and become a lawyer that way but doubt there are many just for family law.

Those two subjects just seem interesting not that is gives any advantages but you do study family problems etc in psychology and im only in year 9 but i just want to get a clear view of what i want to do in the future.
Thanks
Maybe look at the best unis or apprenticeships and are what subjects they want you to take and work back from there?
Those two subjects just seem interesting not that is gives any advantages but you do study family problems etc in psychology and im only in year 9 but i just want to get a clear view of what i want to do in the future.
Thanks

Do the subjects you enjoy. Try to do 2 from a unis preferred list which tens to include all the traditional subjects, You need grades. There are no set A levels as long as you dont go mad and take the less academic subjects. History I believe is about the most suitable subject or English lit, but there are no set ones.
Reply 5
Do the subjects you enjoy. Try to do 2 from a unis preferred list which tens to include all the traditional subjects, You need grades. There are no set A levels as long as you dont go mad and take the less academic subjects. History I believe is about the most suitable subject or English lit, but there are no set ones.

I want to do history with sociology and psychology aside because i hate english lit.
I want to do history with sociology and psychology aside because i hate english lit.

They will be fine , but do the subjects you enjoy the most within the boundaries I suggested.
Always look at the entrance requirements for the top 10 unis that you are interested in. Its really grades that matter most as long as you arent doing too many no preferred subjects.

Unis these days have a lit of preferred and non preferred. All yours are on the preferred.
Reply 7
They will be fine , but do the subjects you enjoy the most within the boundaries I suggested.
Always look at the entrance requirements for the top 10 unis that you are interested in. Its really grades that matter most as long as you arent doing too many no preferred subjects.

Unis these days have a lit of preferred and non preferred. All yours are on the preferred.

Is it possible for me to do an apprenticeship?and thanks
Is it possible for me to do an apprenticeship?and thanks

Yes, but only if you can find one.
Imo get good level 3 and then look out to see if theres a decent apprenticeship at 19.
Most people who do law degrees start off thinking they will study one area and end up studying a different one.
Reply 9
I just looked into firms where i could do apprenticeship and they have to have certain a level and gcse grades but I researched the firms as well and they seem pretty good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending