The Student Room Group

What does an award classification mean?

My uni is doing a slide for a virtual graduation ceremony. They said "Award classifications and distinctions will not be published for any postgrad/ undergrad taught awards". What does this mean? Will it still show that i achieved a 2.2?
Your 2.2 is your degree classification! Classification means 1st, 2.1, 2.2, Third, etc. So no, it sounds your achieved 2.2 won't be published :nah:

Hope you enjoy your virtual ceremony :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Your 2.2 is your degree classification! Classification means 1st, 2.1, 2.2, Third, etc. So no, it sounds your achieved 2.2 won't be published :nah:

Hope you enjoy your virtual ceremony :smile:

Thanks, Also we have our details being published onto a news paper. They said our name and ward will be published. Does that mean only my name and the Honours degree I did?
Original post by Nox97
Thanks, Also we have our details being published onto a news paper. They said our name and ward will be published. Does that mean only my name and the Honours degree I did?

Pretty sure that's what it means, yes. I don't know of any unis who still publish classifications publicly, in written form or orally! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Nox97

That is correct. As per the above "classification" is your grade.

They will simply publish name and the qualification awarded.

E.g: J Clarke, BSc (Hons) Microbiology & Spanish.
Reply 5
Original post by FRS500
That is correct. As per the above "classification" is your grade.

They will simply publish name and the qualification awarded.

E.g: J Clarke, BSc (Hons) Microbiology & Spanish.T

Thank You!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending