The Student Room Group

falling behind

although it's been a few months since school has been closed, i still feel as though i don't have a routine and i have not yet adjusted to creating a school environment at home. i'd do a lot of studying during free periods at sixth form and now that that's been taken away, my productivity has plummeted. i'm falling behind in every one of my subjects, especially english literature. i hardly join any online classes because it triggers my anxiety. i do sociology, english lit, and french and unlike subjects like maths or chemistry, there aren't a lot of online resources for english and french, and that's just made me feel worse about not being able to teach myself content and do it all on my own. i don't have a routine or a plan and i feel so unorganised, it feels like it's impossible to start and tackle things one at a time so i avoid it altogether. also the fact that we haven't done any mock exams makes me so nervous to start year 13, bc i don't know where i am in terms of progress and grades. i have no idea where to start and i feel like i'm on the path to failing my a levels.

is anyone else feeling like this? and could anyone offer some advice?
anything would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
For a person who is pursuing masters in the UK, I had a lot on my plate when the lockdown was announced but I did not care much. I woke up past 12pm and was on Netflix all day and did not do anything. I had no cause, unorganised and careless. I wrote my assignments one day before and I saw it reflected badly on my grades. I woke up one day and thought about what I did wrong. I restricted myself with one episode a day and not a season in one night. I wake up as early as possible at least before 9 AM every day. I feel like I am more productive and have more time in the day when I wake up earlier. I decided that I will start planning my next day. Baby steps, I keep tiny goals for a day if I am ahead of my goal I treat myself with an extra episode or ice cream or anything you like; that way you can be motivated and also enjoy your time in this lockdown. I also take a break from the screens once every alternate day by going out for a walk/run for 1-2 hours in the evening. I also take one day off work every other week to meet my friends in the parks or in our garden with social distancing measures.

Hope this helps, good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pooja_s
Hi,
For a person who is pursuing masters in the UK, I had a lot on my plate when the lockdown was announced but I did not care much. I woke up past 12pm and was on Netflix all day and did not do anything. I had no cause, unorganised and careless. I wrote my assignments one day before and I saw it reflected badly on my grades. I woke up one day and thought about what I did wrong. I restricted myself with one episode a day and not a season in one night. I wake up as early as possible at least before 9 AM every day. I feel like I am more productive and have more time in the day when I wake up earlier. I decided that I will start planning my next day. Baby steps, I keep tiny goals for a day if I am ahead of my goal I treat myself with an extra episode or ice cream or anything you like; that way you can be motivated and also enjoy your time in this lockdown. I also take a break from the screens once every alternate day by going out for a walk/run for 1-2 hours in the evening. I also take one day off work every other week to meet my friends in the parks or in our garden with social distancing measures.

Hope this helps, good luck :smile:

thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest