The Student Room Group

GCSE Retake

I want to retake my GCSE in the autumn term of 2020 but due to COVID19 year 11s are awarded grades which are predicted by their teachers and if students don't agree with their grades they can take their exams in the autumn term, due to this would i still be able to retake my gcse in maths and english. I took my GCSE in 2019 and this would be my first time retaking, I have not yet registered to retake with my college.
Original post by I07
I want to retake my GCSE in the autumn term of 2020 but due to COVID19 year 11s are awarded grades which are predicted by their teachers and if students don't agree with their grades they can take their exams in the autumn term, due to this would i still be able to retake my gcse in maths and english. I took my GCSE in 2019 and this would be my first time retaking, I have not yet registered to retake with my college.

Did you get grade 4 or better in 2019?
Original post by I07

i think you will be able to retake
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Did you get grade 4 or better in 2019?

Yes, i got a grade 4 in English language and a grade 5 in Maths
Reply 4
Original post by nikkiblonsky
i think you will be able to retake

Thanks for the reply
Original post by I07
Yes, i got a grade 4 in English language and a grade 5 in Maths

Right so you'll have to pay to retake - you'll need to speak to your college. Have you broken up for summer now?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Right so you'll have to pay to retake - you'll need to speak to your college. Have you broken up for summer now?

I'm aware i have to pay, I have broken up for summer and during this i plan to revise for my a level exam in september, my UCAT exam and if i do go ahead with my retakes i will have to revise for them as well.
Reply 7
I presume (but don't know for certain) that anyone over the age of 16 will be able to re-sit Maths and English Language this Autumn, as normal.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
I presume (but don't know for certain) that anyone over the age of 16 will be able to re-sit Maths and English Language this Autumn, as normal.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest