The Student Room Group

Three members of Rochdale grooming gang living back in area

Theresa May had a poor record of fulfilling her promises on domestic policy. For once I'm actually hoping that Priti Patel does something about this. I'm usually very fearful whenever she actually needs to do a thing.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Theresa May had a poor record of fulfilling her promises on domestic policy. For once I'm actually hoping that Priti Patel does something about this. I'm usually very fearful whenever she actually needs to do a thing.

I hope so too, but what's being done about it? Where is the transparency from Priti Patel?

These poor, poor girls...
Original post by Occitanie
I hope so too, but what's being done about it? Where is the transparency from Priti Patel?

These poor, poor girls...
Transparency is not a word Patel likes to be associated with. Along with competence and arithmetic.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Transparency is not a word Patel likes to be associated with. Along with competence and arithmetic.

In that case, these girls have been betrayed.

Obviously I have no idea of the legal intricacies, but how have these 3 monsters not been deported?

Apparently they had dual Pakistani-UK citizenship. Their UK citizenship was revoked following 3 appeals, yet they're still here?!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Occitanie
In that case, these girls have been betrayed.

Obviously I have no idea of the legal intricacies, but how have these 3 monsters not been deported?

Apparently they had dual Pakistani-UK citizenship. Their UK citizenship was revoked following 3 appeals, yet they're still here?!

Why would chronically underfunded government agencies mired in bureaucracy and a court system stripped to its bones due to cuts and a failed reorganisation struggle to deport criminals?

Tough one that.
As a society we have failed to protect vulnerable children, and now we fail to put right what could easily be fixed.
Are we going to start to learn from our mistake and set about putting that knowledge into positive actions ?
I guess a problem deliberately ignored by the successive governments, police and judiciary for 45 years isn't going to go away overnight.
They need their feet held to the fire.
Perhaps that's why they have refused to print the results of the report on street grooming gangs.
(edited 3 years ago)
No riots or celebrity virtue signalling with this one though...

These people should have been deported a long time ago.
Certainly nobody taking a knee
Apparently white working class girls lives don't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending