The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just cut out the middle man and buy a recovery truck, Mercedes make some nice ones :tongue:
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
I think a honda jazz or a 06 shape civic makes the most sense, you wouldn't care if it gets scratched up or kerbed or dented, honda is generally quite reliable, and the magic seats of honda is really useful when carrying things, making it really useful. The most logical car if insurance price is not ridiculous

That’s for poor people, I worked hard in business at a young age. I need my car to reflect my work. So please don’t come at me again with this poor person mindset.
Original post by TheDE
Mmmhm 😂

Yeah keep laughing in your Honda
Original post by StriderHort
Just cut out the middle man and buy a recovery truck, Mercedes make some nice ones :tongue:

stop being so stupid

BMW makes sh*t looking cars. I want elegance
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
My insurance is 2200 on a toyota aygo and I'm 18 with 1 year license...

The insurance on those cars would make me cry 😂😂😂

Stop laughing about it and make that a reality. Be driving in a Lamborghini. Change your mindset
Reply 25
Original post by dat-asian-grind
Yeah keep laughing in your Honda

I drive a Tesla actually, and there's no reason for you to be rude and classist is there? You asked for advice, the advice you are being given is that your taste in cars is ****. Despite what you think nobody will look at you and think "oh a young man driving a Mercedes he must be a successful businessman", in fact people will think you're an idiot. You're young, let's face it you're probably gonna do stupid stuff in your car so to avoid being sad when it gets wrapped around a tree why not get a smart sensible good looking car that doesn't try and shove your ego/bank account in the face of all the "poor people" around you. I cannot stand people that think money makes them better than others because believe me it doesn't. It makes you the dirt on our shoes.
Reply 26
Assuming this isn't a troll, none of us are driving the car. None of us are paying the insurance...

It is ultimately down to you. Threads like these are absolutely redundant imo.

We really cannot tell you what you should drive.
Just passed my test. 19 years old. Should I buy a 2018 c class sedan or Audi A5 cabriolet?

TESLA
Reply 28
Actually what about a 370z
Original post by TheDE
I drive a Tesla actually, and there's no reason for you to be rude and classist is there? You asked for advice, the advice you are being given is that your taste in cars is ****. Despite what you think nobody will look at you and think "oh a young man driving a Mercedes he must be a successful businessman", in fact people will think you're an idiot. You're young, let's face it you're probably gonna do stupid stuff in your car so to avoid being sad when it gets wrapped around a tree why not get a smart sensible good looking car that doesn't try and shove your ego/bank account in the face of all the "poor people" around you. I cannot stand people that think money makes them better than others because believe me it doesn't. It makes you the dirt on our shoes.

Such a snowflake.
That’s for poor people, I worked hard in business at a young age. I need my car to reflect my work. So please don’t come at me again with this poor person mindset.

I'm only trying to give some sound advice. Regardless of what car you have, the speed limit and rules is still the same, so you'll end up paying a pretty penny for a car that does the same job. And to be honest not many people care what car you drive anyways, there's many mercedes and audis out on the road and you'll blend in. If you want it for yourself then that's fair enough, but is it worth paying the extra for the comfort? Makes sense if you travel a lot, not much sense if you use a car for a couple of hours a week.

That's my thoughts on 'expensive' cars. I'd rather stick to the more reliable and cheaper honda and toyotas out there, and save myself money and stress.
Stop laughing about it and make that a reality. Be driving in a Lamborghini. Change your mindset

And are you willing to pay for the fuel, insurance, road tax, parking and maintenance? I would consider these costs first like a rational person.
Just passed my test. 19 years old. Should I buy a 2018 c class sedan or Audi A5 cabriolet?

You getting a C220? Oof I remember wanting to get insured on my dad's E300, I got 7k quotes back then. Probs even worst for you.

AMG ftw imo
stop being so stupid

I'm stupid? :tongue: Brand new teenybopper driver with a huge chip on their shoulder is only going to end one way, you WILL need that recovery van. :tongue:
Reply 34

You have like 100 subscribers. You're not a businessman.

Presumably daddy is paying for this..

Original post by TheDE

PRSOM!
(Here, D'you think there's a business opening for offering a rich kid recovery truck service where we promise to back up their preposterous lies to their parents and let them drink champagne themed alcopops in the back? I'd price it like a standard recovery service, only reassuringly more expensive.)
Reply 36
(Here, D'you think there's a business opening for offering a rich kid recovery truck service where we promise to back up their preposterous lies to their parents and let them drink champagne themed alcopops in the back? I'd price it like a standard recovery service, only reassuringly more expensive.)

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by IWMTom
😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm only half joking, I've got a bit of money coming to me and this sounds like a good laugh, Why get towed to a dingy garage when you can get towed past all the hot clubs and kebab shops throwing Babycham cans from our supreme Scania Lambo collaboration.

I could call it ShadenAutoFreude.
Original post by IWMTom
You have like 100 subscribers. You're not a businessman.

Presumably daddy is paying for this..

PRSOM!

So you think Subs = success? What a ******
I'm only half joking, I've got a bit of money coming to me and this sounds like a good laugh, Why get towed to a dingy garage when you can get towed past all the hot clubs and kebab shops throwing Babycham cans from our supreme Scania Lambo collaboration.

I could call it ShadenAutoFreude.

This man gets it. Only getting it for truffles in la caèrce, nobu and Shisha in Knightsbridge

Latest

Trending

Trending