The Student Room Group

My teachers called me a failure...

My teachers said inside my a levels i wont be sucessful i wont achieve inside my a levels
my confidence went down hill and it led to my failure in a levels b c c
My maths and economics uni results came out and this is what happend
if you could please leave a like and a comment i would really appreicate it sub if you wanna see the continuation of the journey
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't feel like that, you are not a failure :hugs:
Original post by johnsonstevensom
My teachers said inside my a levels i wont be sucessful i wont achieve inside my a levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVhh_ANNY8

Don’t ever let anyone call you a failure x

Well done for turning that around and performing so well. I wish you all the best for the future :smile:
Original post by Moonbow
Don't feel like that, you are not a failure :hugs:

I am trying to moltivate people to show them no matter your background you dont need to feel like a failure you can suceed. I felt like i coudnt and i didnt at a levels but i didnt let it stop me
Original post by 5hyl33n
Don’t ever let anyone call you a failure x

Well done for turning that around and performing so well. I wish you all the best for the future :smile:

Thank you it happens to a lot of us and im sure and for me in particular it wasn't easy especially when they told me you only got a c in maths you didn't study economics you wont pass you wont do well in a degree
you dont even know what your doing with your life.
Feels good to temporarily shut them up
Cant imagine any teacher I have ever encountered using such language.
Original post by 999tigger
Cant imagine any teacher I have ever encountered using such language

haha i got it all the time your not gonna do well why you in this class why did you even pick this a level
teachers/ students just constantly getting harrassed for 2 years.
they said i woudnt pass a degree in maths and economics cuz i got a grade c and i posted that video to show what happend
Thank you it happens to a lot of us and im sure and for me in particular it wasn't easy especially when they told me you only got a c in maths you didn't study economics you wont pass you wont do well in a degree
you dont even know what your doing with your life.
Feels good to temporarily shut them up

Don’t TEMPORARILY shut them up about your failures. PERMANENTLY shut them up!
Reply 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hVhh_ANNY8

I’ve experienced something similar too! With my art teacher.. I was in year 9 during the time of choosing our gcse courses and didn’t take art seriously at all however I was good at art (drawing and painting). My art teacher asked me what do I want to do for gcse and I said art...she said that I should realise how hard it was and I might not make it. my progress in year 9 wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t up to a standard of an art gcse student and I was really upset, stressed and I doubted myself.. I cried at some point because of it... nearly 2 years later... year 11 in September and the art teacher I currently have which is not the one from year 9, said I’m predicted a 6 but if I push myself slightly harder I can make it to a grade 7 🥳🥳🥳 and the thing is some people that were good at art in year 9 and done it for gcse aren’t doing as well as me.. moral is..don’t allow anyone to belittle you because at the end you might surprise them with outstanding results!! Stay blessed xx
Thank you so much all the people here are so kind where were people like you back in my a levels
literally everyone was just saying yeah hes not gonna amount to much in life students and teachers
feels good to prove them wrong.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Don’t TEMPORARILY shut them up about your failures. PERMANENTLY shut them up!

I love this this is the energy I will permanently shut them up.
I love this this is the energy I will permanently shut them up.

Excellent!
Original post by jenniifer_
I’ve experienced something similar too! With my art teacher.. I was in year 9 during the time of choosing our gcse courses and didn’t take art seriously at all however I was good at art (drawing and painting). My art teacher asked me what do I want to do for gcse and I said art...she said that I should realise how hard it was and I might not make it. my progress in year 9 wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t up to a standard of an art gcse student and I was really upset, stressed and I doubted myself.. I cried at some point because of it... nearly 2 years later... year 11 in September and the art teacher I currently have which is not the one from year 9, said I’m predicted a 6 but if I push myself slightly harder I can make it to a grade 7 🥳🥳🥳 and the thing is some people that were good at art in year 9 and done it for gcse aren’t doing as well as me.. moral is..don’t allow anyone to belittle you because at the end you might surprise them with outstanding results!! Stay blessed xx

Ahhh MAN im sorry to hear that she discouraged you at least your smashing it now. I hope you get higher than a grade 7
Ahhh MAN im sorry to hear that she discouraged you at least your smashing it now. I hope you get higher than a grade 7

Thank you!!!!
soon the journey is all beginning im going to document the journey all the way till the end
never give up

Original post by jae jae
Thank you!!!!

never give up!

Quick Reply

Latest