The Student Room Group

Revision Help!!

If anyone has done A level psychology or sociology would it be more useful to revise a specific topic each day or revise all of them in a topic over a few hours with breaks and stuff what I mean is say for psych do I revise approaches one day then psychopathology the next or should I break it down into smaller more specific things like the biological approach one day then the cognitive approach the next? Also are flash cards really that useful for active recall? I write questions on the front then answers on the back but could I just write the questions down on paper to save time because I don’t think I have enough time to keep making flash cards when I’ve got my mocks in a month (I have started revision but I’m just worried Ill burn out or it won’t be as effective if I revise 2 topic a day for each subject over the course of a month, any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous 1525
If anyone has done A level psychology or sociology would it be more useful to revise a specific topic each day or revise all of them in a topic over a few hours with breaks and stuff what I mean is say for psych do I revise approaches one day then psychopathology the next or should I break it down into smaller more specific things like the biological approach one day then the cognitive approach the next? Also are flash cards really that useful for active recall? I write questions on the front then answers on the back but could I just write the questions down on paper to save time because I don’t think I have enough time to keep making flash cards when I’ve got my mocks in a month (I have started revision but I’m just worried Ill burn out or it won’t be as effective if I revise 2 topic a day for each subject over the course of a month, any suggestions?

Hey. I studied A-Level sociology (AQA spec) and I sat my exams last summer. I mostly revised by making mindmaps for the topics that I had gaps in and made sure I did a lot of exam practice questions for these weaker topics. I also did knowledge tests at the end of each topic with my teacher to check our understanding. Ended up with a Grade B which I'm happy with but I think I was very close to a Grade A.

In terms of planning your revision, break it up into manageable chunks and take regular breaks to avoid burnouts. Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hey. I studied A-Level sociology (AQA spec) and I sat my exams last summer. I mostly revised by making mindmaps for the topics that I had gaps in and made sure I did a lot of exam practice questions for these weaker topics. I also did knowledge tests at the end of each topic with my teacher to check our understanding. Ended up with a Grade B which I'm happy with but I think I was very close to a Grade A.

In terms of planning your revision, break it up into manageable chunks and take regular breaks to avoid burnouts. Hope this helps. :smile:

Ah thank you!! I’m doing AQA too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending