The Student Room Group

EPQ artefact?

Any info on the artefact would be greatly appreciated! I am thinking of writing a novel inspired by Mrs Dalloway or poems inspired by Sylvia Plath and was wondering how this would be marked? Will my teacher actually read a 50,000 word novel? Also would I need to get the book/poems published in an actual paper book or would a pdf suffice? Thank you!
Original post by Marianne126
Any info on the artefact would be greatly appreciated! I am thinking of writing a novel inspired by Mrs Dalloway or poems inspired by Sylvia Plath and was wondering how this would be marked? Will my teacher actually read a 50,000 word novel? Also would I need to get the book/poems published in an actual paper book or would a pdf suffice? Thank you!

FDind out which exam board it is and then download the artefact specification. the 50000 word novel sounds like way too much work, which you coiuld be spending on your grades. You are quite different so read the spec then sell it to your tutor.

I would strongly suggest unless its a creative English course then you focus on your A levels.
Original post by 999tigger
FDind out which exam board it is and then download the artefact specification. the 50000 word novel sounds like way too much work, which you coiuld be spending on your grades. You are quite different so read the spec then sell it to your tutor.

I would strongly suggest unless its a creative English course then you focus on your A levels.

The novel is just an idea- I could always do a shorter piece but still based on Mrs. Dalloway. My other idea was to do the dissertation about some aspect of modernist literature. I’m going into year 12 and we don’t do the EPQ until year 13 so I do hav3 time, I think. I’ve looked at the specification and there is a research element to the artefact. Some of the universities I am applying to have optiontional modules for creative writing and some have English an£ creativ3 writing courses so would an EPQ in creative writing help with these?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending