The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Clearing 2020 at Queen Mary University of London

Hello all! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Queen Mary University of London Clearing thread 2020.

Firstly, if you are not sure about what Clearing is then we have created a short online course that explains the whole process to you.

Secondly, if you are weighing up your options and deciding where to study in September, then you can register your interest in clearing with us and we'll make sure that we keep you up to date with all things clearing. This will also save you loads of time on results day as we will already have your information.

Thirdly, use our online course finder to see what is currently available in clearing.

Lastly, please feel free to contact us for more information and with any queries you may have.

Main Clearing will open on Thursday 13th August at 08.00AM (BST)

The clearing phone number will be posted on our clearing website closer to results day.

All the best for Clearing 2020 :crossedf:

Queen Mary University of London
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, I have a question regarding QMUL’s conditions. I had received an email stating that due to the Covid19 situation they will accept 1 grade below the original conditions, which will now be BBB. However, on UCAS track it states that the offer is AAA, I’m confused as to will I be accepted if I get BBB, as QMUL themselves have lowered their threshold, or will I be rejected because UCAS hasn’t changed their status?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
if I don't get an A for one of my subjects and im tod I have to. would I still be considered?
also if im rejected fromm QMUL on results dday can I still try clearing or is there no point?
Original post by mehzy.jav1999
Hi there, I have a question regarding QMUL’s conditions. I had received an email stating that due to the Covid19 situation they will accept 1 grade below the original conditions, which will now be BBB. However, on UCAS track it states that the offer is AAA, I’m confused as to will I be accepted if I get BBB, as QMUL themselves have lowered their threshold, or will I be rejected because UCAS hasn’t changed their status?

Hi,

I'd go by what QMUL has stated in their recent email because they might not have updated UCAS track yet. However, if the original offer was AAA, I would think that a grade below would be AAB?
I am a current student at QMUL and I do not work for the admissions team, so I suggest you email them or contact them directly to make sure.

All the best,
Amaya
3rd year MBBS.
Reply 4
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi,

I'd go by what QMUL has stated in their recent email because they might not have updated UCAS track yet. However, if the original offer was AAA, I would think that a grade below would be AAB?
I am a current student at QMUL and I do not work for the admissions team, so I suggest you email them or contact them directly to make sure.

All the best,
Amaya
3rd year MBBS.

yes qmul emailed me and they said one grade lower so it would be AAB but i dont think they updated UCAS
Original post by cool02
yes qmul emailed me and they said one grade lower so it would be AAB but i dont think they updated UCAS

That makes sense then. I'm glad it's sorted now! Good luck.

Amaya.
Original post by cool02
if I don't get an A for one of my subjects and im tod I have to. would I still be considered?
also if im rejected fromm QMUL on results dday can I still try clearing or is there no point?

If an A is required to be offered a place at a course, I don't think the university will accept a lower grade unless you are part of a Widening Participation programme such as Realising Opportunities or Bridge the Gap, or unless you have received an email, like someone stated before on this thread, saying that the entry requirements will drop by a grade or more due to the current pandemic.
If you do not meet the entry requirements on results day, you can definitely apply through Clearing! You can call us when Clearing opens and ask for vacancies for courses that you're interested in and that you fulfil the entry requirements for.

Hope this helped, and good luck!
Amaya.
Good morning, everyone!

On behalf of Queen Mary, we wish you all good luck for your results today! If you have secured a place with us at Queen Mary, congratulations, we can't wait to welcome you in September! :thumbsup:

If your grades aren't what you expected, don't be too disheartened, you've got plenty of options. You can apply to another course at Queen Mary through Clearing. Call our Clearing hotline: 0800 376 1800

All the best!
Amaya
3rd year MBBS
QMUL Official TSR rep.
I missed my offer by one grade and got BBB. However i have not been able to get in through clearing and was told I needed ABB. this is for comp sci. Will I have a chance of getting in if I keep calling in the next few days ?
Original post by Anonymous
I missed my offer by one grade and got BBB. However i have not been able to get in through clearing and was told I needed ABB. this is for comp sci. Will I have a chance of getting in if I keep calling in the next few days ?

Unfortunately I don't think they'll change the Clearing entry requirements once they're set. Maybe you could try matching into another course, or contacting another university which has lower entry requirements for computer science?

All the best, hope it works out.
Amaya.
How long does it take to receive a response once you’ve applied through clearing via the online application form?
How long does it take to receive a response once you’ve applied through clearing via the online application form?

I believe you have to call the hotline as well. The apply online now button is used to input your details on the system including your confirmed grade, which will speed things up when you do speak to an agent, I don't believe it's a replacement to calling.

All the best,
Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.
I believe you have to call the hotline as well. The apply online now button is used to input your details on the system including your confirmed grade, which will speed things up when you do speak to an agent, I don't believe it's a replacement to calling.

All the best,
Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.

Hi, I have a quick question, for dentistry do graduates need a higher interview score than school leavers to be given an offer?
Original post by Rest in Pizza
Hi, I have a quick question, for dentistry do graduates need a higher interview score than school leavers to be given an offer?

@Rest in Pizza Hi! No, graduates and undergraduates need the same interview score and are judged equally, taking their passion of the career, their understanding and their commitment into account. Being a graduate or an undergraduate does not affect your chances of getting in. Everyone has equal opportunities.

Amaya.
@Rest in Pizza Hi! No, graduates and undergraduates need the same interview score and are judged equally, taking their passion of the career, their understanding and their commitment into account. Being a graduate or an undergraduate does not affect your chances of getting in. Everyone has equal opportunities.

Amaya.

Hi again, wheeewww thank god. Do you by any chance know what the cut off was this year for dentistry offers? I would call and ask but I cant seem to get through.
Original post by Rest in Pizza
Hi again, wheeewww thank god. Do you by any chance know what the cut off was this year for dentistry offers? I would call and ask but I cant seem to get through.

I have no idea, as I am not involved in admissions and I am not aware of the dentistry interview scoring system. I imagine the admissions phone line is very busy at the moment, maybe you could ask later on in the year?

Amaya.

All the best,
Amaya.
QMUL Student Ambassador.

I filled a clearing form and called and the lady said I will receive a reply within three days. They didn’t even take my grades? They asked for my ucas ID though so does that mean they have my grades already?
I filled a clearing form and called and the lady said I will receive a reply within three days. They didn’t even take my grades? They asked for my ucas ID though so does that mean they have my grades already?

Did you submit your grades when you filled in the form online? I do think they should have access to your grades if they have your UCAS ID.

Amaya.
Did you submit your grades when you filled in the form online? I do think they should have access to your grades if they have your UCAS ID.

Amaya.

No I didn’t. They didn’t give me a clearing number either so I’m guessing they will give it to me in the next few days if they want to take me in. I only missed my offer by one grade I hope they still take me.
No I didn’t. They didn’t give me a clearing number either so I’m guessing they will give it to me in the next few days if they want to take me in. I only missed my offer by one grade I hope they still take me.

They must have access to your grades then. If the clearing hotline staff confirmed that QMUL can offer you a place on your chosen course, you should receive an email in the next couple of days with instructions to refer yourself to Queen Mary on UCAS Track. This email communication will also contain a deadline by which to refer yourself.

Amaya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending