The Student Room Group

BSc Mathematics at Cardiff, Swansea, or with a foundation year at Queen Mary's?

Hi, I have just applied through clearing and have got some offers from universities for BSc Maths. Please help me decide which of these I should take. I am currently living closer to London than Cardiff and Swansea, and maybe London would be a better place to look for summer internships and similar opportunities but is it worth the extra year? I also don't know much about the style of the courses compared to each other but I don't really mind unless there is something glaringly important. Thank you
Original post by zxyw
Hi, I have just applied through clearing and have got some offers from universities for BSc Maths. Please help me decide which of these I should take. I am currently living closer to London than Cardiff and Swansea, and maybe London would be a better place to look for summer internships and similar opportunities but is it worth the extra year? I also don't know much about the style of the courses compared to each other but I don't really mind unless there is something glaringly important. Thank you

I wouldnt take an extra year. Queen Mary isnt that much better than Cardiff or Swansea to justify the cost. I think the big differst between Swansea and Cardiff is Swansea is ion a new campus whereas Cardiff is much older and people tend to live off campus rather than on it.
Reply 2
I agree it isn't worth the extra year to study at Queen Marys.

Out of Swansea and Cardiff I would pick Cardiff personally as a bigger city (still quite small) and easier connections to London and the SE. Also a more prestigious uni if that matters to you.
Reply 3
Go to Cardiff - you will have a great time, and a valuable degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending