The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

University of West London 2020 applicants

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to UWL for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I go to this University and I currently finished first year of Early Years Education, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Can I get a part time job once I reach uwl?
Reply 3
Original post by Rompo

Yes depending on what course you doing. What course are you planning on doing?
Will the university be open or is it going to be online classes?
Original post by Jamezito
Will the university be open or is it going to be online classes?

The university is planning to have 80% of the educational experience face to face with bigger lectures online and seminars, labs, practice to be done face to face. Let me try to find a link for you

EDIT: Click here and here for more info
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Starlight15
Yes depending on what course you doing. What course are you planning on doing?

Applied for cybersecurity MSc September 2020 intake
Are they issuing CAS letter?
Original post by Rompo
Applied for cybersecurity MSc September 2020 intake
Are they issuing CAS letter?

It's possible but make sure you wait until your timetable has been released before you get a part time job so you can set a schedule

Yes they're still issuing CAS letters
Reply 9
It's possible but make sure you wait until your timetable has been released before you get a part time job so you can set a schedule

Normally How many days it will take to receive my CAS letter?
Reply 10

Can you please tell me how many days it take to get my CAS letter from university of westlondon
Original post by Rompo
Normally How many days it will take to receive my CAS letter?

I'm not sure but you can email [email protected] for an answer
Reply 12
I'm not sure but you can email [email protected] for an answer

Thanks
Reply 13
Have you received your CAS already, i applied for Msc Cyber Security September 2020 too and i haven't received my CAS even though the course starts next week
Original post by Ibrahid
Have you received your CAS already, i applied for Msc Cyber Security September 2020 too and i haven't received my CAS even though the course starts next week

Try emailing [email protected] or call them at +442082312440 or try an online form which you can do and then when completed it will be sent directly through them click here
Reply 15
Thank you, I have emailed and called them. I was told they are doing everything possible to issue CAS letters.
Original post by Ibrahid
Thank you, I have emailed and called them. I was told they are doing everything possible to issue CAS letters.

Wow they replied quickly, I'm glad it helped
I don't know anything about this uni at all as i just applied to it randomly but i would like to give it praise. As i applied at 3am at night and then receiving an unconditional offer by 9am today. I think that is a record no university has ever done and of course i will accept and start a masters this month.

Anyone doing a masters or anything, cause i have no clue what this university is about haha.
Original post by Quiet Benin
I don't know anything about this uni at all as i just applied to it randomly but i would like to give it praise. As i applied at 3am at night and then receiving an unconditional offer by 9am today. I think that is a record no university has ever done and of course i will accept and start a masters this month.

Anyone doing a masters or anything, cause i have no clue what this university is about haha.

Wow! That was extremely quick! When I was applying for a competitive course UWL was the only university that has accepted me :h:

And I'm now a second year student at UWL

So about UWL:

I really enjoyed my lectures in my course they sometimes ask you questions or do activities during lectures, also my lectures are willing to answer questions during lectures and if you don't understand anything from lectures they will provide you an opportunity to explain it to you simply during seminars.

So for lectures we'll normally have it in the big lecture hall and seminars in small classroom, normally divided to no more than 15. Since the current announcement of providing 80% of the educational experience will be on campus I'm really happy about it since I can't really focus at home and focus better in the library

I really enjoy both of the campuses at UWL and they even provide a uni bus for free (note: it's a single bus not a double decker) from St Mary's to Brentford. In terms of library they provide a library both at Brentford and St Mary's if I had to choose which one is better it's St Mary's they have three floors for the library the first floor is for normal noise and group work, the second floor is the quiet floor where you have to talk quietly and the 3rd floor is the silent floor so no noise at all.

Also, if you want to find books the will be at St Mary's and for each floor they show you books for different courses so if your looking at books for biology you can check the sign on each floor for the correct book

I also love the cafeteria in both St Mary's and Brentford both campuses have the same meal course for each day, they also have a starbucks in the campus and provide other foods as well. In brentford they have co op which is really useful for people living in accommodations and they just need to walk three minutes to the shops, they also have a subway in the brenford campuses which is like a 2 minute walk from the campus.

In St Mary's they have a Gym and a sports centre so if you want to make your own society like the tennis society you can play tennis in the sports centre.

Both campuses would seem confusing at first when you enter but you will get used to it in a couple of weeks. In both Brentford and St Mary's they provide a lift with brenford having four lifts which is a good thing as we have lots of students in Brentford. If you want to have a good workout try taking the stairs at Brentford it's really a workout! I always stop on the 3rd floor because I'm already tired 😅😂.

You will love UWL 😊 it's a great place to be a provide so much support such as the welfare team which can support you with you mental health, financial support team, academic support team and so much more 😁
Wow! That was extremely quick! When I was applying for a competitive course UWL was the only university that has accepted me :h:
You will love UWL 😊 it's a great place to be a provide so much support such as the welfare team which can support you with you mental health, financial support team, academic support team and so much more 😁

Yeah it was extremely quick which is a relief to me because i was really going crazy as I have been struggling to find a university course and have been rejected (even by my own old uni :eek:) by most low ranking universities (London Met, Worst uni in europe rejected me lol). I blame it due to my decision to do a masters in Late August due to no employment because of coronavirus.

Is the Library at uwl 24 hours? I am person that loves to work during the night lol.

I'm guessing with covid though, it would be more online focused for this year. Do you know when your going back to uni yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending