The Student Room Group

Thread: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Applicants

I thought I would make a thread for anyone who has applied for the Border Force Apprenticeship which was open for applications in June.

Where has everyone applied to?

I think we could be expecting to know where we stand later this month with regards to interviews next month.

I have applied to Glasgow Airport.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey. I have applied for Port of Tilbury🤞
Reply 2
Original post by Jane01
Hey. I have applied for Port of Tilbury🤞

That's good. Hopefully we aren't waiting too long now before we find out about the next stage. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Stb1750
I thought I would make a thread for anyone who has applied for the Border Force Apprenticeship which was open for applications in June.

I think we could be expecting to know where we stand later this month with regards to interviews next month.

Hey there I have applied for GLA and EDI. Fingers crossed we hear something soon (ish)!!
Reply 4
I applied for felistowe, done my verbal and judgement test and had my remote interview and waiting to get something back
Reply 5
Original post by BKIN01
I applied for felistowe, done my verbal and judgement test and had my remote interview and waiting to get something back

Hi there, how did you find the remote interview? I have one to do before tomorrow 😩
Original post by Stb1750

Original post by BKIN01

Hi, how did you remote interview go? Was it purely strengths based? Would be helpful to know for prepping :smile: thanks and good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Lucyowen8
Hi, how did you remote interview go? Was it purely strengths based? Would be helpful to know for prepping :smile: thanks and good luck!

Hello, I'm on the reserve list for a year, so not as good as I'd want. The remote interview was more of a video assessment, questions would be asked you have 5 seconds to think then camera stops recording, you can stop when you feel you've answered. It isn't too bad really, looking back on the feedback I think I didn't put enough examples referring to the three behaviours however I was under the impression the video assessment wasn't based on them.

They were strange questions really that threw me on a few occasions
Reply 8
I got a provisional job offer yesterday, anyone else heard?
Hi everyone! I have applied for Felixstowe, Harwich and Tilbury! I have completed my video interview and am currently on the reserve list!

Good luck to everyone who has applied!
Original post by Dazzybee
I got a provisional job offer yesterday, anyone else heard?

Congrats! 😊
Where have you applied for?
Reply 11
I applied for the same and am on the reserve list!
Original post by Jordiesaurus
Congrats! 😊
Where have you applied for?

Immingham
Reply 13
I’m still waiting to hear back from my interview last week! I was wondering if anyone else had theirs around a similar time and have you had any updates as yet? 😬 It’s difficult to know how the interview went
Reply 14
Hey, I also applied for this (Holyhead and Heysham/Morecambe). Did my interview 24/08 and heard back 14/09 to say I had met the requirements but as no jobs available immediately I've been placed on hold. Does anybody know if the merit list just goes by interview score, or is it cumulative with all the other bits (statement, CSJT etc)?
Hey, I applied to Heysham, Edinburgh and Holyhead. I had my interview on 25/08 and heard back that I'm on the wait list on 14/09. In the feedback, I got outstanding demonstration for the interview and acceptable demonstration for the application. I got restless waiting for the result of the interview, so I really hope I do get offered a place. Good luck to all :smile:)
I recieved a provisional job offer today for Tilbury! Super happy and excited!!!Just wanted to update this thread so you guys know that applications are definitely progressing! I've got my fingers crossed for all of you! Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Jordiesaurus
I recieved a provisional job offer today for Tilbury! Super happy and excited!!!Just wanted to update this thread so you guys know that applications are definitely progressing! I've got my fingers crossed for all of you! Good luck! :biggrin:

Congratulations!!
Reply 18
I also received a provisional offer for Tikvury yesterday's however it was my third choice and too far away
Original post by BKIN01
I also received a provisional offer for Tikvury yesterday's however it was my third choice and too far away

Awh, im sorry to hear that! It was also my 3rd choice and I would probably have to relocate in order to accept, however, I'm trying to weigh up the pros/cons! Are you going to hang on for a different location?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending