The Student Room Group

Are any medical students here using "osmosis” as a learning tool?

Out of interest are any medical students here using osmosis” as a learning tool?
Reply 1
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
Out of interest are any medical students here using osmosis” as a learning tool?

I watch their youtube vids a lot and find them really useful. Haven't used any of their paid content though.
i presumed, from the title of this thread, that learning by osmosis was a technique for absorbing information by faceplanting the textbook

evidently i have misjudged
Original post by HoldThisL
i presumed, from the title of this thread, that learning by osmosis was a technique for absorbing information by faceplanting the textbook

I was also assuming that... 😂
Original post by GabiAbi84
I was also assuming that... 😂

its a solid form of revision

I mean...it can’t hurt, right?
Original post by GabiAbi84
I mean...it can’t hurt, right?

certainly not and it's extremely beneficial sleep

A mate of mine used to put textbooks under his pillow when sleeping during exam season at uni.

Learning by osmosis is definitely a thing. A consultant once told me (then FY1) that's what was actually happening while I was pushing around the computer-on-wheels. True story :u:
Reply 9
Original post by Democracy
Learning by osmosis is definitely a thing. A consultant once told me (then FY1) that's what was actually happening while I was pushing around the computer-on-wheels. True story :u:

He was trying to avoid teaching you!
Osmosis I've heard from friends is good. But I've seen adverts in front of YouTube videos talking about something called Lecturio, which is supposed to be very thorough preparation for USMLE. If you prepare for that level of detail, you will pass your medical school exams in the UK quite easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending