Leeds - done

Glasgow - done

Dundee - done

Dundee gateway
done
(edited 3 years ago)
Queens University Belfast - Dentistry Entry requirements

done

The following two universities only allow graduate entry so not sure if you want to add these:

Central Lancashire (UCLAN) Graduate Entry

done

Aberdeen Graduate Entry

done

(edited 3 years ago)
Barts - done

I've made the Barts dentistry 2021 entry thread, we'll see how that goes...:beard:
(edited 3 years ago)
Bristol - Dentistry Entry Requirements
done

Bristol also do a gateway to dentistry course if you want to include it:
done
(edited 3 years ago)
Plymouth (Peninsula) - Dentistry Entry Requirements
Updated info for standard Plymouth BDS:

done
(edited 3 years ago)
Cardiff - Dentistry Entry Requirements
done

Cardiff foundation year:
All exactly the same except required A Level subjects will be no sciences or only 1 science subject taken from biology, chemistry or physics (so for those who haven't taken the correct subjects)
(edited 3 years ago)
@Mesopotamian., apologies if you got any notifications about posts being approved or unapproved - I was rearranging the posts about entry requirements in this thread to make them bunched together.

I've just put this article together:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/dentistry-entry-requirements

And will ask for the old one to be taken down and redirected to this new one.
What do you think? :biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
@Mesopotamian., apologies if you got any notifications about posts being approved or unapproved - I was rearranging the posts about entry requirements in this thread to make them bunched together.

I've just put this article together:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/dentistry-entry-requirements

And will ask for the old one to be taken down and redirected to this new one.
What do you think? :biggrin:

Fantastic! Much more aesthetic and easier on the eyes :tongue:
Are you planning to update the graduate and gateway links too?

Also no worries, I didn't get any notifications :smile:
Just pasting this here because I'm worried that editing this article will result in half of it vanishing

Spoiler

Okay it's refusing to let me edit the work experience article so that's going to need the staff to press a few buttons during the week :redface:
I've just had a look at the other Dentistry Wiki pages (forgive me If I've already mentioned some of them before, I unwittingly looked at things in a random order and I can't remember what I've checked and not checked :facepalm:):

Dentistry Interview page: all fine except UKCAT needs to be changed to UCAT at the top of the page (very picky I know, but some poor innocent soul will probably get confused at some point)

Graduate entry requirements page: needs to be updated (info has been provided on this thread) - Aberdeen + UCLAN + KCL Graduate entry

Pre-dental course requirements page: needs to be updated (info has been provided on this thread) - Dundee Gateway + Manchester Foundation + Cardiff Foundation + Bristol Gateway + KCL ESDP

Work experience page: needs to be updated (info has been provided on this thread)

Example personal statements: all good (this is a fantastic resource, I wish I'd seen this when I was applying :frown:)

Dental applicant profiles:

fine
[*]A week in a life of a dentistry student: fine

What's left to review (I need to spend a bit more time updating these)

Dental school contact details

The UKCAT for dentistry

Quick update:
- The old Entry Requirements page is gone, and redirects to the new one. :yay:

- Still having technical difficulties over the work experience page but we'll get there.

- Will look to update the GED Entry Requirements page next (this week) along with the gateway/access/foundation type courses entry requirements page. :smile:
Made some progress this morning with:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/entry-requirements-for-pre-dental-courses

Need to add a few notes introducing the article but would appreciate if you could let me know if anything needs adding or changing. :colondollar:
@Mesopotamian.
Original post by 04MR17
Made some progress this morning with:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/entry-requirements-for-pre-dental-courses

Need to add a few notes introducing the article but would appreciate if you could let me know if anything needs adding or changing. :colondollar:
@Mesopotamian.

Nothing to add, you’ve done a great job :yep:
Hi on the Dentistry Entry Requirements page for Manchester under graduate requirements it says not specified but I found this on the manchester uni website.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/00398/bds-dentistry-first-year-entry/entry-requirements/#alternative-entry-requirements

Non-standard educational routes
We welcome applications from graduates or those in their final year of study towards an undergraduate degree. You should have achieved or be predicted a minimum of an upper second (2:1) honours degree and should have achieved a minimum of BBB at A-level (32 in IB) in your first sitting.

Applicants with a relevant science degree are exempted from our subject specification at A-Level, but you must still meet the BBB academic standard. Relevant subjects include most Biomedical and Life Sciences disciplines or other approved courses. Please see our FAQ pages.

Applicants offering other degrees will need to hold at least two science subjects at A-level including Biology and Chemistry.

Please note that we do not accept ordinary or ungraded degrees. If you have a non-relevant degree and don't have the requisite science A-levels you are eligible to apply for our foundation year. Alternatively, you may sit the missing A-level subject(s) and apply for the 5-year course.

We don't accept A-level re-sits for the purpose of improving grades from graduates.

UCAT, Maths at minimum Grade B (6) in GCSE and English Language requirements also apply.

Graduates and final year undergraduates must offer an academic reference on their UCAS form.
Just to say that after a lot of other things have now been done this is back at the top of my to do list :smile:
Original post by shimmyjilly
Hi on the Dentistry Entry Requirements page for Manchester under graduate requirements it says not specified but I found this on the manchester uni website.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/00398/bds-dentistry-first-year-entry/entry-requirements/#alternative-entry-requirements

Non-standard educational routes
We welcome applications from graduates or those in their final year of study towards an undergraduate degree. You should have achieved or be predicted a minimum of an upper second (2:1) honours degree and should have achieved a minimum of BBB at A-level (32 in IB) in your first sitting.

Applicants with a relevant science degree are exempted from our subject specification at A-Level, but you must still meet the BBB academic standard. Relevant subjects include most Biomedical and Life Sciences disciplines or other approved courses. Please see our FAQ pages.

Applicants offering other degrees will need to hold at least two science subjects at A-level including Biology and Chemistry.

Please note that we do not accept ordinary or ungraded degrees. If you have a non-relevant degree and don't have the requisite science A-levels you are eligible to apply for our foundation year. Alternatively, you may sit the missing A-level subject(s) and apply for the 5-year course.

We don't accept A-level re-sits for the purpose of improving grades from graduates.

UCAT, Maths at minimum Grade B (6) in GCSE and English Language requirements also apply.

Graduates and final year undergraduates must offer an academic reference on their UCAS form.

Thank you for this, we’ll get that amended

Original post by 04MR17
Just to say that after a lot of other things have now been done this is back at the top of my to do list :smile:

:thumbsup:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
:thumbsup:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/graduate-entry-requirements-for-dentistry

Shiny new Grad Entry requirements page :biggrin:
Will try to get one of these tasks done each night now :dumbells:

Quick Reply

Latest