The Student Room Group

Used Gift year with undergraduate degree would SFE fund postgraduate?

Hi guys really hope someone can help
So I am in my last year of study (undergraduate). Before this I stared another degree but left 3 months in because I disliked the course so I have used my gift year. Student finance have fully funded my current degree (3 years)
However , I am hoping to apply to a postgraduate course next year but worried if SFE would not find it.
Original post by Student1103
So I am in my last year of study (undergraduate). Before this I stared another degree but left 3 months in because I disliked the course so I have used my gift year. Student finance have fully funded my current degree (3 years)
However , I am hoping to apply to a postgraduate course next year but worried if SFE would not find it.

So how many years have student finance funded you? And which courses and years?

I'm pretty sure postgrad funding is separate from undergrad so you should be able to get funding.
As above. Separate funding, you should be fine.
Reply 4
Thanks for getting back to me , they have funded me a total of 4 years
Original post by Eaphysics
So how many years have student finance funded you? And which courses and years?
Reply 5
Original post by morningstar461
I'm pretty sure postgrad funding is separate from undergrad so you should be able to get funding.

Thanks so much ! It will be a PGCE Year still ok ?
Reply 6
Original post by Shirohige
As above. Separate funding, you should be fine.

Thanks for getting back to me It will be a PGCE year, still okay ?

I'd recommend asking SFE directly, because PGCE funding is a different model to the PG masters loans. I believe you should still be eligible for funding for a PGCE, but best check with them to make sure.

PGCES usually ok as long as youll end up with QTS at end of it.
Reply 9
Original post by artful_lounger
I'd recommend asking SFE directly, because PGCE funding is a different model to the PG masters loans. I believe you should still be eligible for funding for a PGCE, but best check with them to make sure.

Thanks so much will do
Original post by Shirohige
PGCES usually ok as long as youll end up with QTS at end of it.

Oh really ! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending