The Student Room Group

Pwc flying start degree accounting

Hello I just have some questions about the pwc courses at Newcastle, reading and Manchester
1. Am I able to apply to more than just one or am I only limited to applying to one of the 3
2. Do I have to do any online tests for any of them
3. How serious/professional is the interview or is it more of a chat ?
Original post by jhgord23
Hello,I received an offer for the course at the university of Nottingham last year, so I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. 1) I believe that you can apply to as many of them as you want; UCAS sees them as separate courses, and poses no restrictions as a result.2) As part of the entry requirements, PWC's system will require you to complete a 'Game based assessment'. This assessment focuses on personality traits such as patience and persistence etc... I applied for accountancy and had a numerical test at the end of this psychometric calculator. 3) The 'interview' that you are referring too, is not your traditional post-graduate job interview. The first career interview is pre-recorded questions where you asked the traditional 'Why PWC' etc... Which I did not find serious at all. After all, you are speaking to your camera. In addition, I believe that there is an interview at the end of the assessment day. However, I did not have to do this day in person due to COVID-19 restrictions. I would say it is unlikely that these will take place this year either unless we a dramatic shift in office based work dynamics. Best of luck and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Hi, did you accept the offer? I'm interested in how the programme actually is. How they structure the paid placements and the salary
Hi did you send off your application yet?I have got offers from 2 universities but nothing yet from any PwC course.Just wondering if anyone else does
Original post by amandaa.x
Hi, did you accept the offer? I'm interested in how the programme actually is. How they structure the paid placements and the salary

Did you get any response from any university yet?
Original post by Conorcliffordd
Did you get any response from any university yet?

I havent applied

Hi, i did accept the offer but i will not be starting until next year. Consequently, i have no clue regarding salary’s. in terms of structure; it is a 4 year course with work placements in the ONLY the final 3 years. It is a term a year in the audit department. Don’t hold me up on this but i believe it is the first term in year 2&3, and the final term in year 4.
Thank you! and next year January or September?
Not understanding the question. First year there is no placement.
Not understanding the question. First year there is no placement.

ohhhh I get it, so next September you’ll be in second year
Reply 9
I havent applied

Same 😭😭 I want to apply to flying start Nottingham course. I’m just doing the finishing touches on my personal statement first tho
Original post by Ss12367
Same 😭😭 I want to apply to flying start Nottingham course. I’m just doing the finishing touches on my personal statement first tho

Nice one man. I’m also applying to Nottingham for flying start. Sent off my application
Hello,I received an offer for the course at the university of Nottingham last year, so I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. 1) I believe that you can apply to as many of them as you want; UCAS sees them as separate courses, and poses no restrictions as a result.2) As part of the entry requirements, PWC's system will require you to complete a 'Game based assessment'. This assessment focuses on personality traits such as patience and persistence etc... I applied for accountancy and had a numerical test at the end of this psychometric calculator. 3) The 'interview' that you are referring too, is not your traditional post-graduate job interview. The first career interview is pre-recorded questions where you asked the traditional 'Why PWC' etc... Which I did not find serious at all. After all, you are speaking to your camera. In addition, I believe that there is an interview at the end of the assessment day. However, I did not have to do this day in person due to COVID-19 restrictions. I would say it is unlikely that these will take place this year either unless we a dramatic shift in office based work dynamics. Best of luck and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

hi what sort of questions do they ask at the interview
and what exactly is a game based assessment?
Original post by anon102003
hi what sort of questions do they ask at the interview
and what exactly is a game based assessment?

Hi man are you applying? Did they get back to you yet?
Reply 13
Original post by username5400610
Hi, i did accept the offer but i will not be starting until next year. Consequently, i have no clue regarding salary’s. in terms of structure; it is a 4 year course with work placements in the ONLY the final 3 years. It is a term a year in the audit department. Don’t hold me up on this but i believe it is the first term in year 2&3, and the final term in year 4.

Hello I was just wondering if I do not get accepted to the pwc course at Newcastle will I instead be placed on the normal course ?
Original post by H.02
Hello I was just wondering if I do not get accepted to the pwc course at Newcastle will I instead be placed on the normal course ?

You will be considered for the normal course. Not necessarily 100% a place but you will be considered.
Hi man are you applying? Did they get back to you yet?

hi are you done with your interview?
Nice one man. I’m also applying to Nottingham for flying start. Sent off my application

Hi did u get admission confirmed. International students get opportunity to apply for this course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending