The Student Room Group

Student finance help urgent

Hello, I'm panicking so much right now. I was due to start my course in a few weeks and my student finance was approved, but my payment was cancelled 2 days ago, including my student loan and maintence loan. I really do not know what to do. Please can anybody help, I'm panicking so much
Get on the phone to them and seek clarification plus also ask on facebook and post here.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Cant do anything till you know whats happened and why.
Original post by 999tigger
Get on the phone to them and seek clarification plus also ask on facebook and post here.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Cant do anything till you know whats happened and why.

Hi, so the other day, I phoned the student finance helper to check on progress of my application, and I was confirming whether I will receive the payments on the specific days. Turns out the person I was talking to cancelled my application (supposedly accidently) for 2020/2021 entry:s-smilie:. Therefore, I've had to reapply for 2020/2021 funding for my course and maintenance loan. It hurts, but what can I do now anyway. I'm really worried this will affect future funding if I do decide to change the course after the first year, as usually, they give you funding for the course (in my case a 3 year course) +1 gift year. Do you think this will affect my funding if I do decide to change course after the first year? I I sure hope not because I haven't even recieved any of the student loan or maintenance loan. (Not saying I will change courses after the first year, but just in case).
Original post by Azotic02
Hi, so the other day, I phoned the student finance helper to check on progress of my application, and I was confirming whether I will receive the payments on the specific days. Turns out the person I was talking to cancelled my application (supposedly accidently) for 2020/2021 entry:s-smilie:. Therefore, I've had to reapply for 2020/2021 funding for my course and maintenance loan. It hurts, but what can I do now anyway. I'm really worried this will affect future funding if I do decide to change the course after the first year, as usually, they give you funding for the course (in my case a 3 year course) +1 gift year. Do you think this will affect my funding if I do decide to change course after the first year? I I sure hope not because I haven't even recieved any of the student loan or maintenance loan. (Not saying I will change courses after the first year, but just in case).

Nope and I would be furious as its their mistake so would make a complaint or ask for them to expedite it.
Nope and I would be furious as its their mistake so would make a complaint or ask for them to expedite it.

I feel there would be no point complaining as I don't remember the name of the person who answered the phone that day. As long as it doesn't affect my student finance applications for the future, I think I should just forgive and forget as these things may happen from time to time, but it just sucks that it happened to me.
Reply 5

Ring them back and insist on talking to a supervisor.

I feel there would be no point complaining as I don't remember the name of the person who answered the phone that day. As long as it doesn't affect my student finance applications for the future, I think I should just forgive and forget as these things may happen from time to time, but it just sucks that it happened to me.

You do not need to know who you talked to they will have a record.@SFE Dean can you advise.

It will be on their records. If you had already been processed, then cancelling it requires authority and it will also cost you extra time. I certainly wouldnt let it rest if its their mistake as it could mean hardship and hassle for you. They should also explain what happened.
It will be on their records. If you had already been processed, then cancelling it requires authority and it will also cost you extra time. I certainly wouldnt let it rest if its their mistake as it could mean hardship and hassle for you. They should also explain what happened.

I know where you guys are coming from, but it would be even more hassle for me to complain, as it would not change anything; I have already reapplied for the same academic year, so surely they cannot count it as me taking out 2 years of funding... right? I am fine with it as long as it doesn't affect any of my future student finance applications, so I will get funding for 3 years +1 gift year. I will definitely get that, right? On the "previous payments" on the "finance" section of the student finance, it says I have had no previous payments, so that's a good sign. Honestly, I just want to move on and try my hardest in my university degree.
I know where you guys are coming from, but it would be even more hassle for me to complain, as it would not change anything; I have already reapplied for the same academic year, so surely they cannot count it as me taking out 2 years of funding... right? I am fine with it as long as it doesn't affect any of my future student finance applications, so I will get funding for 3 years +1 gift year. I will definitely get that, right? On the "previous payments" on the "finance" section of the student finance, it says I have had no previous payments, so that's a good sign. Honestly, I just want to move on and try my hardest in my university degree.

Do you have anxiety issues?
You could do with some assertiveness training. They have messed up and they should provide an explanation plus put it right rather than you suffer for their mistake. The delay could be several weeks in which time how will you pay rent and for food? Your choice though.
Reply 9
I agree with tigger.But in answer to question no it will not effect future funding however you will have a delay this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending