The Student Room Group

A Puddleduck's journey to the end of the river: Jemima's Year 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by procrastinatingb
oh my gosh you're watching gilmore girls! that's one of my fave shows, i've been tempted to rewatch but have been trying to hold back since school is about to go back. how far through are you?

start of season 5. I watched up to season 6 last year but decided to go back to the beginning because I couldn't remember what happened.
Oh My god. I've just realised that instead of posting a new post I've actually just edited yesterdays post. Today's post is a on the previous page btw

Spoiler

Oh, you silly goose 🙈
09/09/2020

So I love Wednesdays this year even more than I did last year. I only have one lesson, and we no longer have enrichment on Wednesday afternoons. I also don't have form on Wednesdays, so technically I could just go in for the one lesson.

Today I decided to go in though, because I had work to do. In my free periods this morning, I wrote my history essay, which saves me having to do it this weekend. I then had history and we were looking at Lenin's choices and whether they were ideological or pragmatic.

Spoiler

Wednesdays sound lovely for you! What time is your Wednesday lesson?
Original post by emilynxlan
Wednesdays sound lovely for you! What time is your Wednesday lesson?

11:45-12:45
Are you allowed to leave when you don’t have a lesson? Luckkkyyyy
yeah, it's a joint sixth form so students move between 3 campuses. I don't go offsite during free periods unless I'm going home for the day though
11/09/2020 - FRIDAY AT LAST

Hey, I hope you all had a good week

P1- We had tutorial. We mainly just started discussing what is going to be put on our references for our university applications, and we also watched the videos to vote on who we wanted to be on the head student team. They've got rid of head boy and head girl at my school and instead they're just having two main leaders of a group of 4. After that we were just working on unifrog or filling out UCAS.

P2- History (Wars of the Roses), We were looking at how Edward VI relationship with France, Scotland, Burgundy and Brittany changed between 1471 and 1483
P3- History (Russia), Although it was our lesson when we normally look at Russia, Friday P3 is actually the day when we check in with our teachers and let them know how our NEAs going. We also spend this lesson working on our NEA because my school wants them handed in by October because they're worried about exams and want the NEA over and done with

P4 & P5- Maths, We were continuing with sequences and we did Geometric Series. We also handed in our practice paper and got set some questions to complete from our exam practice books.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jemima0103

P1- We had tutorial. We mainly just started discussing what is going to be put on our references for our university applications, and we also watched the videos to vote on who we wanted to be on the head student team. They've got rid of head boy and head girl at my school and instead they're just having two main leaders of a group of 4. After that we were just working on unifrog or filling out UCAS.

P2- History (Wars of the Roses), We were looking at how Edward VI relationship with France, Scotland, Burgundy and Brittany changed between 1471 and 1483
P3- History (Russia), Although it was our lesson when we normally look at Russia, Friday P3 is actually the day when we check in with our teachers and let them know how our NEAs going. We also spend this lesson working on our NEA because my school wants them handed in by October because they're worried about exams and want the NEA over and done with

P4 & P5- Maths, We were continuing with sequences and we did Geometric Series. We also handed in our practice paper and got set some questions to complete from our exam practice books.

Spoiler

add me to the tag list!

what part of Russian history are you looking at?
ooh you use unifrog too! what do you think of it?
Original post by neko no basu
add me to the tag list!

what part of Russian history are you looking at?

We're looking at Lenin at the moment, Sort of the just after 1917 bit, so starting the communist section of the course
Original post by clouddbubbles
ooh you use unifrog too! what do you think of it?

it's alright. the teachers can use it for our references, and it's quite good when looking at courses. It does annoy me a bit. I keep getting an email that says that I need to add my 5 choices on but I haven't 100% decided yet

Spoiler

Although I don’t do history I’ve always thought war of the roses is a very interesting topic :smile:

Have a good weekend :biggrin:
Hope you have a great weekend :jumphug:
15/09/2020

hey everyone I hope you all had a good weekend

P1- Maths, Statistics- We were looking at stuff such as the events P(A) and P(B) being independent or mutually exclusive. We also handed in our summer transition work and our practice papers

P2- Maths, Pure- My teacher was off because she's ill but she recorded the lesson for us to watch, and it was about sigma notation. It was kind of annoying because we had a cover teacher playing the video and she doesn't teach maths and kept stopping the video when everyone in the class had already written down what we needed so we didn't get much time to practice in the lesson

P3- Physical Geography- we were looking at case studies when it comes to water insecurity such as the Israel/Palestine water conflict

P4- History- My teacher for Russia history was also ill so we just got set work out of the textbook and then an exam question

It's making me really anxious that loads of teachers are off ill. I know a lot of people have been catching colds which is related to us being off for months. All my younger siblings have had a 1-2 day cold that went away and I'm prey certain I've got it or at least he onset of it, but it still makes me worried.

Tomorrow I've only got one lesson again bu in the morning I have a meeting with my form tutor about university, my personal statement and my reference.

Spoiler

15/09/2020

hey everyone I hope you all had a good weekend

P1- Maths, Statistics- We were looking at stuff such as the events P(A) and P(B) being independent or mutually exclusive. We also handed in our summer transition work and our practice papers

P2- Maths, Pure- My teacher was off because she's ill but she recorded the lesson for us to watch, and it was about sigma notation. It was kind of annoying because we had a cover teacher playing the video and she doesn't teach maths and kept stopping the video when everyone in the class had already written down what we needed so we didn't get much time to practice in the lesson

P3- Physical Geography- we were looking at case studies when it comes to water insecurity such as the Israel/Palestine water conflict

P4- History- My teacher for Russia history was also ill so we just got set work out of the textbook and then an exam question

It's making me really anxious that loads of teachers are off ill. I know a lot of people have been catching colds which is related to us being off for months. All my younger siblings have had a 1-2 day cold that went away and I'm prey certain I've got it or at least he onset of it, but it still makes me worried.

Tomorrow I've only got one lesson again bu in the morning I have a meeting with my form tutor about university, my personal statement and my reference.

Spoiler

oh I remember that water security case study :woo:
Ahh SO I haven't been on TSR that much the past week because I've had a cold and have been really busy preparing for my mock exams next week. I've got 6 exams all in one week.
It's been really stressful, and I caught a cold. On Monday I was too ill to go in plus I couldn't sleep that night so decided that because I only had one lesson on Monday I would take the day off to recover especially because I had a full day on Tuesday. It's definitely been getting colder which probably doesn't help at the moment.
I've also been doing loads of work on my History NEA and have been writing my Personal statement.
I'm going to try to rest tonight and then revise at the weekend

Spoiler

sorry to hear you’re ill :sad: definitley get some rest!
Ahh SO I haven't been on TSR that much the past week because I've had a cold and have been really busy preparing for my mock exams next week. I've got 6 exams all in one week.
It's been really stressful, and I caught a cold. On Monday I was too ill to go in plus I couldn't sleep that night so decided that because I only had one lesson on Monday I would take the day off to recover especially because I had a full day on Tuesday. It's definitely been getting colder which probably doesn't help at the moment.
I've also been doing loads of work on my History NEA and have been writing my Personal statement.
I'm going to try to rest tonight and then revise at the weekend

Spoiler

It has definitely been getting colder :frown:

Hope you feel better soon and best of luck in your mock exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending