The Student Room Group

Master big data course

I have unconditional offer for masters big data technologies from Glasgow Caledonian university and from University of Stirling. I'm currently residing in Glasgow. I'm confused to choose between the Universities. Could someone provide me any suggestions.
Original post by haritha2020
I have unconditional offer for masters big data technologies from Glasgow Caledonian university and from University of Stirling. I'm currently residing in Glasgow. I'm confused to choose between the Universities. Could someone provide me any suggestions.

Hey there :smile:
I've moved your thread into the Postgraduate applications forum
Also check out forums such as: glasgow caledonian university, university of stirling and university life
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
Hi,

I am not too sure about the university of Stirling but big data technologies in Glasgow are absolutely brilliant. There is a high chance you will be with many Asian students mainly from India since most of them get funded.

The course involves every aspect of Artificial Intelligence. You will learn everything from cloud computing to artificial intelligence. On the other hand then one in Stirling uni is way more specific. The course there is more specific to a specific aspect of AI. Big data tech in GCU also offers industrial placements and engagement with employers right after you finish your degree. This is called KTP jobs. KTP jobs offer you do a Ph.D. and a full-time job at the same time.

Peter is the person responsible for the overall course in GCU. He is a great prof along with Mike (didn't want to mention surnames; for privacy issues).

Since you live in Glasgow i think it is worth of doing it here, instead of moving to Stirling. Ideally, I was you I would check the modules taught in both universities and compare. Modules and future opportunities from both of the unis are the main things you should focus on.

Vinny
Reply 3
Original post by vrinderdoe
Hi,

I am not too sure about the university of Stirling but big data technologies in Glasgow are absolutely brilliant. There is a high chance you will be with many Asian students mainly from India since most of them get funded.

The course involves every aspect of Artificial Intelligence. You will learn everything from cloud computing to artificial intelligence. On the other hand then one in Stirling uni is way more specific. The course there is more specific to a specific aspect of AI. Big data tech in GCU also offers industrial placements and engagement with employers right after you finish your degree. This is called KTP jobs. KTP jobs offer you do a Ph.D. and a full-time job at the same time.

Peter is the person responsible for the overall course in GCU. He is a great prof along with Mike (didn't want to mention surnames; for privacy issues).

Since you live in Glasgow i think it is worth of doing it here, instead of moving to Stirling. Ideally, I was you I would check the modules taught in both universities and compare. Modules and future opportunities from both of the unis are the main things you should focus on.

Vinny

Thank you for your valuable suggestion vinny.
Original post by haritha2020

I spoke with programme lead of stirling; he was very friendly, open to questions and spend a lot of time on phone (which says a lot). MR zhang idk from caledonian idk much about but seeing the modules and descriptions, caledonian seems more maths/and theoretical whilst stirling has been designed with business leaders - so will prepare you better in the job place. the most important thing the ftf or online teaching you will get - if one is more FTF go with that! imo

Quick Reply