The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

BPS

hi. I am an international student from Asia, and i'm planning to do my postgraduate in psychology from the UK. I am applying for developmental psychopathology MSc at King's and Developmental psychology and clinical practice at UCL. Neither are BPS accredited courses. Does that mean I cannot work as a psychologist after graduation?
Original post by heer245
hi. I am an international student from Asia, and i'm planning to do my postgraduate in psychology from the UK. I am applying for developmental psychopathology MSc at King's and Developmental psychology and clinical practice at UCL. Neither are BPS accredited courses. Does that mean I cannot work as a psychologist after graduation?

Hi @heer245

To have a career in psychology in the UK you need to take an accredited course with the BPS. In order to be considered a 'psychologist' you need to progress onto further study beyond an MSc _ I am currently doing the conversion course at Arden University and I am having a brilliant time. BPS membership looks great on a CV too as an added bonus

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
That's helpful, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending