The Student Room Group

a level physics/chem

hii
would you recommend doing the summary qs at the end of each chapter in the textbook? or is it just waste of time/not useful?

thanks
Original post by vix.xvi
hii
would you recommend doing the summary qs at the end of each chapter in the textbook? or is it just waste of time/not useful?

thanks

I usually only do them for the chapters I struggled on but it is definitely a good way to identify your weaknesses so you know which topic you need more practice/help with.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I usually only do them for the chapters I struggled on but it is definitely a good way to identify your weaknesses so you know which topic you need more practice/help with.

Would u say they're too easy? Is it better to move onto exam practice straight away or do the summary Qs first?
Reply 3
Original post by Humairazaman
Would u say they're too easy? Is it better to move onto exam practice straight away or do the summary Qs first?

In my opinion do them first if your struggling on the topic, then find your weakness, revise that bit again, then do exam style questions!

I’m not sure about other exam boards but in AQA at the end of each sub-topic there are 3-4 summary questions and then practice questions at the end of the chapter.

I find the summary questions useless but the practice questions usually have a few past paper questions and so I attempt the practice questions.
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m not sure about other exam boards but in AQA at the end of each sub-topic there are 3-4 summary questions and then practice questions at the end of the chapter.

I find the summary questions useless but the practice questions usually have a few past paper questions and so I attempt the practice questions.

The sub topic ones are useless but I feel like the end of topic q are alright though but only if you struggle with the topic, or just to quickly apply the knowledge you gained from learning that topic!
Original post by 5hyl33n

Ohh yh i found the end of unit practice questions more pastpaper like too. I was wondering if I finish the summary questions in a short period of time(the whole textbook) and th then just do exam questions would that be useful or shall I completely ignore them and move to exam questions straight away?
Ohh yh i found the end of unit practice questions more pastpaper like too. I was wondering if I finish the summary questions in a short period of time(the whole textbook) and th then just do exam questions would that be useful or shall I completely ignore them and move to exam questions straight away?

If you find the topic easy just move straight to exam-questions. If not, attempt the summary questions and then do exam-questions.

What I do is, if I get a question wrong, I make a flash card on it and the topics that were linked to that exam-question.

Quick Reply

Latest