The Student Room Group

Want to leave uni accommodation

So I just moved into my uni accommodation and I want to go home. I had agreed to the tenancy agreement in march when unis did not make it clear that we would be taught online and feel like I have been scammed. I feel like home going but I want to know how likely it is for my accommodation to release me from the contract and how I should approach this.

Thank you
I’m currently in the same situation. My accommodation terms state you can terminate if you’re unable to live there because of a Covid outbreak or if the government orders students to go home. The other option is to get someone to take over the contract, which will be tricky. I’d say check your uni’s terms and conditions - please let me know how it goes as I’m really stressed currently
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently in the same situation. My accommodation terms state you can terminate if you’re unable to live there because of a Covid outbreak or if the government orders students to go home. The other option is to get someone to take over the contract, which will be tricky. I’d say check your uni’s terms and conditions - please let me know how it goes as I’m really stressed currently

Thank you. I checked my contract and it appears the landlord has a break clause but I don’t. They’ve given me the option of continuing to pay or find someone to take over my contract which I doubt I can do. I’ll contact my uni to see if they can help me. Good luck to you though. I’ll let you know if there are any updates.
Are you in private or university owned accommodation? In the city I live in, there’s still lots of people looking for accommodation so you could possibly find someone to take over your contract I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending