The Student Room Group

Revising Quotes

Hi,

I need to learn Macbeth Quotes. How on earth do I do this???

Thanks!
Read over them; write them out a few times; write them on post it notes and stick them around the house so whenever you pass it, you can read them. The last one there is probably what helped me the most actually because it meant that I was constantly reading over them :smile:
Original post by 15977emily
Hi,

I need to learn Macbeth Quotes. How on earth do I do this???

Thanks!

Hi there - the quotes are really just a starting point. It's about how you relate the quotes to the key themes and techniques in the play that's most important. So I'd advise that you identify a couple of themes and techniques, then find the quotes / speeches that correspond. This should give you a more systematic framework for engaging with and remembering quotes you can eventually use in your exams.
Reply 3
Original post by Hyperbolit
Hi there - the quotes are really just a starting point. It's about how you relate the quotes to the key themes and techniques in the play that's most important. So I'd advise that you identify a couple of themes and techniques, then find the quotes / speeches that correspond. This should give you a more systematic framework for engaging with and remembering quotes you can eventually use in your exams.

I've already identified 6 and written about them.
Reply 4
The best tip I can give you is to pick out quotes which can fit into multiple themes or characters, this way you have less to remember. Make sure you have a variety but also only pick out the ones which you can say a lot about, dont waste your memory and revision time on silly little quotes which you can only say one things about. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending