The Student Room Group

Unit 8 acess to Midwifery course with learn direct ? HELP PLEASE

Is anyone on /or have passed this unit that could help me?
i have to re-submit my work, my assessors feedback hasnt been hepfull, now shes saying if i dont pass on the re-submission i may be removed off the course.
my deadline is in a week, the lack of support with learn direct is beyond a joke.

i have a title of 14 words
introduction paragraph of 99 words
each AC is 292 words
my recomendations+conclusion and word count are 148 words

course outline for unit 8 -

You are required to write an essay that demonstrates your understanding of the role and responsibilities of the midwife, and the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council, during the antenatal period.

Your essay must include the following in relation to the antenatal period:
Analyse the changes that may impact on a pregnancy and consequently the role of the midwife, for example, Pre-eclampsia, breech, lifestyle or stressful events.
Using two of the examples above, discuss the process of risk assessment and its importance in protecting pregnant women.
Discuss the impact of the midwife in meeting the physical, social and psychological needs of a woman and her family.
Discuss the role that the Nursing and Midwifery Council performs in relation to the role of the midwife.
Analyse the implications of The Code in relation to antenatal care.
Discuss the role of the supervisor of midwives in supporting maternity services.

The role of the supervisor of midwives has recently been separated from regulation. When you research this area for your assignment, you will need to discuss the changes in the role of the supervisor over time and why the role has changed. You should also include how supervision still has a part to play in the role in supporting midwives to carry out their duties in the antenatal period.

GUIDANCE

The essay should be written in paragraphs which flow; it is therefore recommended that you plan your essay before you start to write it.

You must attempt to include some conclusions and recommendations towards the end of your essay.

Relevant theory must be referenced where appropriate, and a references list and bibliography provided.

The essay should be a maximum of 2,000 words in length.

This word limit is the absolute maximum you are permitted. If you are over the word limit for this assignment in any way you will receive your assignment back without further comment or feedback.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, do you still need help with this?
Reply 2
Original post by RDCL2020

hi,yes please that would be great help thank you x
Original post by Cmelissa
hi,yes please that would be great help thank you x

No problem. I’m with Stonebridge but think they’re the same company now. What was the exact feedback that you received? X
Reply 4
No problem. I’m with Stonebridge but think they’re the same company now. What was the exact feedback that you received? X

yeah they are the same company now.
this was my feedback
'1.10.20 Chelsea this is heading in the right direction but unfortunately your work cannot be assessed as complete. This is because there is no detail to show how you have answered this aspect of the question-

'The role of the supervisor of midwives has recently been separated from regulation. When you research this area for your assignment, you will need to discuss the changes in the role of the supervisor over time and why the role has changed. You should also include how supervision still has a part to play in the role in supporting midwives to carry out their duties in the antenatal period.'

and this was my unit 8 AC is to Discuss the role of the supervisor of midwives in supporting maternity services.

The role of the supervisor of midwives has recently been separated from regulation. When you research this area for your assignment, you will need to discuss the changes in the role of the supervisor over time and why the role has changed. You should also include how supervision still has a part to play in the role in supporting midwives to carry out their duties in the antenatal period.

and for that AC i wrote

Supervision of midwives (SOMs) dates back to Midwives Act 1902 and is a historic feature of midwifery practice (Sterans, page 2.3). SOMs means the encouragement of quality in midwifery by supporting midwives to practice in confidence.They provide guidance and support to practising midwives within the UK.Their purpose is to protect women and their babies by ensuring safe standards of midwifery practice. A SOMs relationship with their midwives is crucial, when it comes to decision making the midwife must take into consideration their honesty and openness to communicate with the person and if the person has any value for the role environment.SOMs are also accountable to the (LSA) local supervising authority.There is no ranking among SOMs within the maternity services.Supervisors of midwives role is to continue safe practice to provide protection for the public, mainly women and their babies.They meet on a regular basis with the midwifes to ensure a high standard of care is provided.SOMs work within a team and their job role is different to the midwifery manager who responsible for ensuring the maternity services run successfully.

SOMs work to increase their influence of the supervisory structure in order to provide a safe practicing environment for mothers and their babies.SOMs support both women and midwives.And clarify that the care being offered is right for each women, appointed in the right place and by the right person and ensure it benefits the woman and their babies.SOMs are a positive role model for midwives, supporting and guiding them to enhance their skills. A midwife needing additional teaching support and training in the practice, can go to the supervisor for support eg: example formal programs of supervised practice.(Public health agency, 2011)
Reply 5
Can anybody help, please? I'm really struggling to get the first section started, I've done all of my research, I just don't know how to start analysing the changes that impact on pregnancy and therefore the role of the midwife
Reply 6
@emmaa93 if you message me on here I’ll send you my work so you can use it to help you , I got a merit for unit 8 x
hiya , was hoping you could point me in the right direction please? struggling to even start this unit !! thanks kirsty x
Reply 8
Original post by kirstyl25
hiya , was hoping you could point me in the right direction please? struggling to even start this unit !! thanks kirsty x

If you message me I’ll send you my work via email x
Reply 9
@emmaa93 if you message me on here I’ll send you my work so you can use it to help you , I got a merit for unit 8 x

Hey guys please help my deadline is on Monday.
Reply 10

Hi help me please

Hi! I need help with this if you would be so kind as to help me too!
Reply 12
Good evening,

I too am looking for help with this unit, if anyone has any helpful tips, I would be very grateful :smile: xx
Reply 13

Good Evening, Im so sorry to bother you, would you mind giving me a little help with this, I saw you got a MERIT which is FAB and i would appreciate any help you would be able to offer to get me started:smile:

Thank you
Reply 14
Is anyone on /or have passed this unit that could help me?
i have to re-submit my work, my assessors feedback hasnt been hepfull, now shes saying if i dont pass on the re-submission i may be removed off the course.
my deadline is in a week, the lack of support with learn direct is beyond a joke.

i have a title of 14 words
introduction paragraph of 99 words
each AC is 292 words
my recomendations+conclusion and word count are 148 words

course outline for unit 8 -

You are required to write an essay that demonstrates your understanding of the role and responsibilities of the midwife, and the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council, during the antenatal period.

Your essay must include the following in relation to the antenatal period:
Analyse the changes that may impact on a pregnancy and consequently the role of the midwife, for example, Pre-eclampsia, breech, lifestyle or stressful events.
Using two of the examples above, discuss the process of risk assessment and its importance in protecting pregnant women.
Discuss the impact of the midwife in meeting the physical, social and psychological needs of a woman and her family.
Discuss the role that the Nursing and Midwifery Council performs in relation to the role of the midwife.
Analyse the implications of The Code in relation to antenatal care.
Discuss the role of the supervisor of midwives in supporting maternity services.

GUIDANCE

The essay should be written in paragraphs which flow; it is therefore recommended that you plan your essay before you start to write it.

You must attempt to include some conclusions and recommendations towards the end of your essay.

Relevant theory must be referenced where appropriate, and a references list and bibliography provided.

The essay should be a maximum of 2,000 words in length.

This word limit is the absolute maximum you are permitted. If you are over the word limit for this assignment in any way you will receive your assignment back without further comment or feedback.

Hi, i am wondering if you could possibly help me, i know you were also stuck on this unit a while back and i would appreciate any hints/tips/help, you could possibly have to offer.

thank you so much
Jade
Hi Hun, I am also on this section and cant get my head around it, Am i able to see what you have done to compare to mine?
Original post by Aj0198
Hey guys please help my deadline is on Monday.

Did you manage to get your work in?
It looks like there's a few of us all on the same unit at the same time, and struggling! If anyone gets any hints of tips could we please help each other
Reply 18
If you send me a message I’ll email you my work
Hello everyone, I am on this unit too. I think I am doing ok with the research but would be very grateful for some help/ideas/tips.

Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending