The Student Room Group

A Puddleduck's journey to the end of the river: Jemima's Year 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Hope you feel better soon, and good luck for your mocks
Hope you feel better soon ❤️
Good luck for your exams and I hope you feel loads better soon :jumphug:
29/09/20

So this week is my mock exams. I've still got a bit of a cold and I'm still really stressed, but I'm hoping that after this week things get better and I'll be able to relax a bit more.
Yesterday I had my Physical Geography mock. I think i went okay. I got a bit stuck on the final 20 mark question on large-scale water management projects.
I had Maths this morning, and the exam was so difficult. I know all the maths it just when it comes to wordy questions and applying I get stuck, so I'm not really looking forwards to the Stats and Mechanics exam I have on Thursday.
In the afternoon I had my Russian History exam. The extract question was a bit tricky but I think the 'assess the view' essay went quite well.

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles
@Becca216@nightloc
Original post by jemima0103
29/09/20

So this week is my mock exams. I've still got a bit of a cold and I'm still really stressed, but I'm hoping that after this week things get better and I'll be able to relax a bit more.
Yesterday I had my Physical Geography mock. I think i went okay. I got a bit stuck on the final 20 mark question on large-scale water management projects.
I had Maths this morning, and the exam was so difficult. I know all the maths it just when it comes to wordy questions and applying I get stuck, so I'm not really looking forwards to the Stats and Mechanics exam I have on Thursday.
In the afternoon I had my Russian History exam. The extract question was a bit tricky but I think the 'assess the view' essay went quite well.

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles
@Becca216@nightloc

large scale water management projects? is that like the 3 gorges dam?
29/09/20

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles
@Becca216@nightloc

ahh good luck with the rest of ur mocks!!
Can we have more ducks?

Oooh good luck for the of your mocks :cube: :rave:
Hopefully your cold goes away soon :hugs: best of luck with the rest of your exams :woo:
Best of luck with all your mocks <3
Original post by 999tigger
Can we have more ducks?

yes more ducks
02/10/2020
Hi all, I hope you've all had a good week.
I haven't really done that much this week, because I've had mock exams. I think they've gone okay. I struggled a lot with the Applied Maths paper but I think Pure went okay. Overall I think things were alright. They definitely could have been a lot worse.
I'm now going to continue working on My NEA's for History and Geography, and finishing my personal statement. I'm not applying for Oxbridge or medicine or anything like that, so I've got time, but I do want to get my application sorted as soon as soon as possible, so I'm not stressing about it too much

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles
@Becca216@nightloc
Glad to hear you got mocks went okay :biggrin:

Best of luck with your courseworks and personal statement :yep:

Have a good weekend and those ducks are very cute :hugs:
09/10/2020
I can't believe we've been back at school for a month now.
I haven't got all my mock results back but I don't think I'll post the results because although the results I've got back aren't dreadful, I've underperformed a bit so I don't really want to post them.

This week has sort of been horrible.
Yesterday I got stung by a wasp, and today when having my weekly NEA meeting I was told that the person approving our questions is some sort of Civil Rights 'expert' and he basically picked apart all the questions related to Civil Rights from my class. Thankfully mine hasn't been changed too much, but one girl in my class has to change her question completely and find new sources.

Next Week on Wednesday and Thursday, I'm supposed to be going to Lincoln to do my Human Geography data collection ( As long as covid doesn't mess it up ), and I'm not really looking forward to that. We have to travel on the train and it's two days. There's no way that I can miss it though because then I won't have data to use in my NEA.

I have written a first draft of my personal statement though and my form tutor said it was good.

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles @StudentMania
@Becca216@nightloc
(edited 3 years ago)
09/10/2020
I haven't got all my mock results back but I don't think I'll post the results because although the results I've got back aren't dreadful, I've underperformed a bit so I don't really want to post them.

Yesterday I got stung by a wasp, and today when having my weekly NEA meeting I was told that the person approving our questions is some sort of Civil Rights 'expert' and he basically picked apart all the questions related to Civil Rights from my class. Thankfully mine hasn't been changed too much, but one girl in my class has to change her question completely and find new sources.

Next Week on Wednesday and Thursday, I'm supposed to be going to Lincoln to do my Human Geography data collection ( As long as covid doesn't mess it up ), and I'm not really looking forward to that. We have to travel on the train and it's two days. There's no way that I can miss it though because then I won't have data to use in my NEA.

I have written a first draft of my personal statement though and my form tutor said it was good.

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@clouddbubbles
@Becca216@nightloc

Hi, sorry but I don't seem to be tagged.

Hopefully you manage to get data for your NEA :smile:
09/10/2020

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@Becca216@nightloc

Sorry to hear your week's been horrible, hope next week goes better!
what's your NEA civil rights question?

Have fun on your geog trip, hope you collect the data you need and good luck with your ps.
You may have said already but which unis are you looking to apply to?
16/10/20
Hey everyone. This week has been so busy. Monday and Tuesday were standard. On Wednesday I went to Lincoln to do my data collection. I was okay throughout the day but on Wednesday evening my anxiety was really bad and it carried over onto Thursday so my teacher said that I could stay at school and I'm going to collect my data in my own time. TBH I don't really know what's wrong with me at the moment. I'm seem to be constantly ill but my parents think it's stress related. I'm just trying to stay on top of my work and rest at the moment. Next week is only 4 days for me and then half term so it should be good

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@Becca216@nightloc
16/10/20
Hey everyone. This week has been so busy. Monday and Tuesday were standard. On Wednesday I went to Lincoln to do my data collection. I was okay throughout the day but on Wednesday evening my anxiety was really bad and it carried over onto Thursday so my teacher said that I could stay at school and I'm going to collect my data in my own time. TBH I don't really know what's wrong with me at the moment. I'm seem to be constantly ill but my parents think it's stress related. I'm just trying to stay on top of my work and rest at the moment. Next week is only 4 days for me and then half term so it should be good

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda
@laurawatt
@mpaprika
@casabonita
@hope2002 @neko no basu
@emilynxlan
@Becca216@nightloc

get plenty of rest and hope you're feeling better soon :borat:
16/10/20

@streetdude28
@BChemGee
@Year11student
@Satyr
@RyanC_
@Pandaface55
@BlossomSugar
@Razzberries
@gym_leader_yeet
@fish finger fan
@mez_merising
@Obolinda