The Student Room Group

Assistant immigration officer - Pathway

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kieralou98
Yeah that’s what I thought.. might help to see others answers. PM me your number and I’ll set it up. I’m just practicing now, I work in Domestic Violence refuge so big change too. Been in the police previously but never civil service

That would be good! I'll PM you too and if you could add me please I'd appreciate it :smile:

The Civil Service recruitment process is hard enough as it is - if we can all help eachother it'd be nice :smile:
Original post by kim97x
An hour 30?! Wow I didn't know that! I'm going to prepare today and maybe do the interview tomorrow.

Strength based questions you can't really prepare for - they want natural answers and can tell when you're reciting rehearsed things. They just want to find out what you're good at naturally, what motivates you and what makes you thrive etc. For example "How would your friends describe you?" "What are your weaknesses?" "How do you keep yourself motivated after a setback?" "When did you achieve something you are most proud of?"

I hope this helps - I'm no expert on the behaviour-based questions but the strengths I feel come naturally :smile:

That helps!! I just didnt know how theyd ask.. but youve given examples so thank you!
I think i am going to do it thurs - always last min cause i want the most prep time 😭😭
Reply 42
Has anyone uploaded any ID? read some people haven’t and some people have had an email quite soon after they submitted their interview. I sent mine off yesterday morning but still got no email :/
Reply 43
I got an email after but when I clicked on it, it came up you've already completed interview
Reply 44
Original post by basil98
Has anyone uploaded any ID? read some people haven’t and some people have had an email quite soon after they submitted their interview. I sent mine off yesterday morning but still got no email :/

Yeah the last 3 questions were ID showing questions for me, and then they provided an opportunity to upload them :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by kim97x
Yeah the last 3 questions were ID showing questions for me, and then they provided an opportunity to upload them :smile:

Omg this is bizarre! So many people have had different things! When I contacted launchpad they said there wasn’t an opportunity to show/upload on the interview, and other people have said they haven’t been able to upload either! So confusing
Reply 46
Original post by basil98
Omg this is bizarre! So many people have had different things! When I contacted launchpad they said there wasn’t an opportunity to show/upload on the interview, and other people have said they haven’t been able to upload either! So confusing

That’s really strange! There definitely was - maybe it differs depending on devices but I can’t see why launchpad are saying that if there was an opportunity. Really bizarre. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it for you!
Hi everyone! I scored 4 on my feedback. Yet to do my interview and I picked Manchester. Anyone clarify that it’s just the 3 areas they are assessing in interview? Working Together, Making effective decisions and communicating and influencing? I’m also awaiting a position with BF at Manchester airport. Applied October 2018 and still on the reserve list which got extended April just gone 😬
Original post by Runner1708
Hi everyone! I scored 4 on my feedback. Yet to do my interview and I picked Manchester. Anyone clarify that it’s just the 3 areas they are assessing in interview? Working Together, Making effective decisions and communicating and influencing? I’m also awaiting a position with BF at Manchester airport. Applied October 2018 and still on the reserve list which got extended April just gone 😬

Yikes 😬😬 Oct 2018!!!
I’ve kind of given up hope lol
Original post by Runner1708
I’ve kind of given up hope lol

That is a long time waiting!
Hello, has anyone done their interview yet? How long is it? I have heard its like an hour and a half.. Thanks guys
Reply 52
Original post by kim97x
That’s really strange! There definitely was - maybe it differs depending on devices but I can’t see why launchpad are saying that if there was an opportunity. Really bizarre. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it for you!

Very strange question but what email address did the email come from with the link to upload documentation?
Reply 53
Hey did anyone do the interview yet on launch pad that can give me a few pointers
Reply 54
Hiya thinking of doing my interveiw later , any tips
Perhaps a bit late for most folk but I completed my interview this morning. I used my laptop, using my O2 data as my WiFi was playing up. The IT delivery side of it went very smoothly but this was my first virtual interview and I have this feeling that I waffled a little with some of my answers overlapping. Having the timer count down is a strange experience, on a number of questions I didn't fully use all the time. But getting an interview is an achievement as I read somewhere that the Civil Service have been getting as many as 10,000 applications for each vacancy advertised! Hopefully at least I'll get credit for being positive throughout my interview. Good luck to the other candidates.
Any feedback on the types of question are were asked pelase?
Yeah, questions on areas such as working within a team, reacting when things don't go to plan, dealing with a range of people (culture), exchanging support with colleagues etc. That should hopefully give you an idea mate. Good luck.
Reply 58
Did anyone actually use the ~180 seconds to answer each question? because I think I barely touched 60 seconds on each...
Reply 59
Anyone heard anything back yet or know how long it could take

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending