The Student Room Group

Gift for my boyfriend for passing his driving test?

I know this is a bit niche but my bf has his driving practical test soon and it is causing him a lot of stress. I know he’s going to do well and would just like to treat him to something as a way to celebrate or just show him I’m proud. I thought maybe buying him dinner or a take away or something or going out somewhere (he drives I pay lmao)
Or I could bake him something or get him a gift maybe? Any suggestions of something nice I could do for him? And not just some gift for his car like a sat nav or speaker because I don’t think that really conveys the message I’m trying to send. Any advice is appreciated. x
baking sounds like a lovely idea ^^ maybe you could personalise it a bit with the decorations, like writing out a message on a cake or a bunch of cupcakes?
^^ I think baking is an excellent idea
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is a bit niche but my bf has his driving practical test soon and it is causing him a lot of stress. I know he’s going to do well and would just like to treat him to something as a way to celebrate or just show him I’m proud. I thought maybe buying him dinner or a take away or something or going out somewhere (he drives I pay lmao)
Or I could bake him something or get him a gift maybe? Any suggestions of something nice I could do for him? And not just some gift for his car like a sat nav or speaker because I don’t think that really conveys the message I’m trying to send. Any advice is appreciated. x

Have you passed your test? Tell him how you passed and everything
(Remember a lot of people don't pass 1st time, and they might be a bit down afterwards)
you could have a little picnic at a lake
Reply 6
Original post by mikakutensei
baking sounds like a lovely idea ^^ maybe you could personalise it a bit with the decorations, like writing out a message on a cake or a bunch of cupcakes?

Original post by bambi1425
^^ I think baking is an excellent idea

I like the idea too but I’m not sure if his mum is planning on baking anything. She is a very big baker and I wouldn’t want to upstage her 😂
Reply 7
Have you passed your test? Tell him how you passed and everything

No I haven’t taken mine yet unfortunately

Original post by StriderHort
(Remember a lot of people don't pass 1st time, and they might be a bit down afterwards)

If that’s the case then instead I’m going to prepare something nice for him to cheer him up. I know how gutted he’ll be if he doesn’t pass first time so I’m preparing for both scenarios.
Reply 8
Original post by SmartUnicorn
you could have a little picnic at a lake

A picnic sounds like a great idea! Much cheaper than going out for a meal but I can still make his favourite food and take it with us and put a lot of effort into it. Thank you
I like the idea too but I’m not sure if his mum is planning on baking anything. She is a very big baker and I wouldn’t want to upstage her 😂

ask her!! maybe you could work together on it

honestly it's so sweet you want to do somit he's lucky- most people would he like well done now you can take me places! 😂
No I haven’t taken mine yet unfortunately

If that’s the case then instead I’m going to prepare something nice for him to cheer him up. I know how gutted he’ll be if he doesn’t pass first time so I’m preparing for both scenarios.

Are you having lessons? For him just be encouraging and positive tell him to keep going with it then wish him good luck on the day just before he goes out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending