The Student Room Group

How do you transfer unis

I hate my uni so much, idk how much Covid affects this as idk what the uni is like without it, but so far I’ve hated every minute. They expect us to work 7 days a week by giving us whole module weeks worth of work on Saturday that we have to have done by Monday, give us loads of exams on our half term week so I can’t actually go and visit family, then even more to do after Mondays, we don’t really have any lectures just videos and Q
(edited 3 years ago)
TSR keeps cutting off half of my post
Is it worth typing out the rest again?
What year are you in, first?
Original post by Anonymous2766
What year are you in, first?

First. I’ve posted on another thread by another person in the same situation
If you’re a first year, just contact the university you want to transfer to and explain the situation and ask if they accept transfers direct to second year. If they respond yes, put a UCAS application in and select entry year 2 rather than 1. You’ll probably have to sort out a reference from your current university (or possibly a teacher at your old college/sixth form). You will also likely have to send transcripts of all your modules to the university you want to transfer to so that they can assess your compatibility. Hope this helps. 👍
Original post by Anonymous2766
If you’re a first year, just contact the university you want to transfer to and explain the situation and ask if they accept transfers direct to second year. If they respond yes, put a UCAS application in and select entry year 2 rather than 1. You’ll probably have to sort out a reference from your current university (or possibly a teacher at your old college/sixth form). You will also likely have to send transcripts of all your modules to the university you want to transfer to so that they can assess your compatibility. Hope this helps. 👍

It’s also worth adding that you’ll need to sort a reference. Traditionally, universities would want this to be from you current uni as it gives a better indication of how you are coping, and will cope, with the course. However, given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the university you’re looking to transfer to might accept a reference from an old school/college teacher as they’ll understand that your uni staff are very unlikely to know you very well at all. Personally, I’d recommend emailing the university you want to transfer to and ask them who they’d want your reference to be from. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending