The Student Room Group

Anyone received offers to study Law in 2021 at Oxford or London (UCL, KCL)?

I applied to study Law in 2021 at Oxford, UCL, KCL, Warwick, Nottingham. I recently received offers from Warwick and Nottingham (both AAA; I was particularly relieved to receive the offer from Nottingham because it requires LNAT, suggests I didn't do *too* badly!) Nothing yet though from UCL, KCL or Oxford (presumably at this stage it would be at best an invitation to interview for the latter). Has anyone yet received offers to study Law at either Oxford (or Cambridge), UCL or KCL? (Think I've seen that Queen Mary London have started sending out offers...?)
Hi, I don't think you receive offers from them so quickly. Oxford will shortlist interviewees this month, UCL and KCL probably gonna give their decisions next year. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply! That's a disappointment (in the sense that the wait is going to be frustrating): I thought I'd read that UCL dealt with applications (tried to anyway) within a month and a half, six weeks. Also saw table showing that King's started sending out offers in November (in 2018, at any rate). Was hoping for clarity by December. Oh well, guess no substitute for patience. Thank you!
Original post by ProfPukov
Thanks for your reply! That's a disappointment (in the sense that the wait is going to be frustrating): I thought I'd read that UCL dealt with applications (tried to anyway) within a month and a half, six weeks. Also saw table showing that King's started sending out offers in November (in 2018, at any rate). Was hoping for clarity by December. Oh well, guess no substitute for patience. Thank you!

Yea, we're definitely playing the waiting game. Good luck to you
I applied to study Law in 2021 at Oxford, UCL, KCL, Warwick, Nottingham. I recently received offers from Warwick and Nottingham (both AAA; I was particularly relieved to receive the offer from Nottingham because it requires LNAT, suggests I didn't do *too* badly!) Nothing yet though from UCL, KCL or Oxford (presumably at this stage it would be at best an invitation to interview for the latter). Has anyone yet received offers to study Law at either Oxford (or Cambridge), UCL or KCL? (Think I've seen that Queen Mary London have started sending out offers...?)

I’m in the exact same boat. Applied to Oxford, UCL and Nottingham like yourself, and I’ve received an offer from Nottingham. Will probably be informed in the next week or two by Oxford in regards to interviews, although I can’t say I’m too hopeful lol. Is there anything you’re doing to prep for interview ?
Reply 5

I dont think oxbridge send out offers at the same time necessarily but i got an interview from cambridge today
Reply 6
Original post by az3rz
I dont think oxbridge send out offers at the same time necessarily but i got an interview from cambridge today

Congratulations!!!
Reply 7
Congratulations!!!

Original post by az3rz

(And good luck, of course!)
Reply 8
(And good luck, of course!)

Thank you :smile: Just a follow-up - anyone received any offers/rejections from UCL or KCL. I'm still waiting...
Reply 9
Original post by HEWITTMAESTRO
I’m in the exact same boat. Applied to Oxford, UCL and Nottingham like yourself, and I’ve received an offer from Nottingham. Will probably be informed in the next week or two by Oxford in regards to interviews, although I can’t say I’m too hopeful lol. Is there anything you’re doing to prep for interview ?

Nothing more than reading a general (Oxbridge) interview-prep book, and school is arranging a kind of "mock" interview next week (...Sorry for not replying sooner!)
Reply 10
Original post by az3rz
Thank you :smile: Just a follow-up - anyone received any offers/rejections from UCL or KCL. I'm still waiting...

Still waiting...
Reply 11
Hey guys!! needed some help, i have applied to study law llb at UCL, King’s, Oxford, Warwick and York. I got an offer from york a while back but i got rejected from oxford today and it’s made me super anxious:frown:((

I have ib predicted 40 points including core and i’m hoping decent lnat, can anyone tell me if i stand a chance getting into ucl or king’s (as they’re my top choices)
Reply 12
Original post by zyki
Hey guys!! needed some help, i have applied to study law llb at UCL, King’s, Oxford, Warwick and York. I got an offer from york a while back but i got rejected from oxford today and it’s made me super anxious:frown:((

I have ib predicted 40 points including core and i’m hoping decent lnat, can anyone tell me if i stand a chance getting into ucl or king’s (as they’re my top choices)

It’s not just about predicteds... I’ve made peace w the fact that UCL KCL are sending offers out much later and I’m sitting tight. I reccomend we all do the same - gd luck
Reply 13
Original post by az3rz
It’s not just about predicteds... I’ve made peace w the fact that UCL KCL are sending offers out much later and I’m sitting tight. I reccomend we all do the same - gd luck

Hello, thanks for replying. i’m aware that predicteds are not everything however as of now, they’re the only way i can somewhat ascertain my standing in these top unis. good luck on ur application as well!
Reply 14
I’m still waiting to hear from Ucl, has anyone heard anything ?
Reply 15
Original post by teselya
I’m still waiting to hear from Ucl, has anyone heard anything ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Reply 16
Reply 17
Original post by teselya
I can’t open the link

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6473144

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6660584

spreadsheet with KCL/UCL offers is at the start of these threads
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Thank you x

Quick Reply