The Student Room Group

How to order my UCAS university choices

Hi, Im struggling on what choice to put fifth. Is it better to put a university fifth with similar entry requirements to my other choices or a univerisity that has much lower requirements?
Thanks
Hiya, I'd suggest 2-3 grades lower than your predicted in order to ensure that you've got an insurance.
At school, if someone's predicted A*A*A/A*A*A*, then our UCAS referee tells them to have an insurance that has AAA
If someone's predicted A*AA, then they should apply for an insurance of AAB
Something along those lines :smile:
You dont have to put your choices in order of preference - UCAS puts them in alpha-order.

See the bit in this TSR article about making sensible grade choices - How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by northerngal
Hi, Im struggling on what choice to put fifth. Is it better to put a university fifth with similar entry requirements to my other choices or a univerisity that has much lower requirements?
Thanks

Hi @northerngal,

It's completely up to you! Different advisors will tell you different things but I would say it is always good to have a 'secure' choice especially if the rest of your university applications are on/above your target grade :smile: where have you applied so far?

Good luck!
Millie
Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @northerngal,

It's completely up to you! Different advisors will tell you different things but I would say it is always good to have a 'secure' choice especially if the rest of your university applications are on/above your target grade :smile: where have you applied so far?

Good luck!
Millie
Student Rep

Hi thanks for your help.
I'm looking to do Chemistry and am going to apply to York (this is where i really want to go) , Liverpool , Edinburgh and Glasgow but I havent got a fifth choice yet and cant decide between a modern university or somewhere like Leeds or Sheffield.
Hi thanks for your help.
I'm looking to do Chemistry and am going to apply to York (this is where i really want to go) , Liverpool , Edinburgh and Glasgow but I havent got a fifth choice yet and cant decide between a modern university or somewhere like Leeds or Sheffield.

Hi @northerngal,

Best of luck!

When making your final choice I would consider looking into student experience and how current students are finding the courses. I would also look into things such as the cost of living.

Take care,
Millie
Student Rep
Reply 6
Hi thanks for your help.

What are your expected grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending