The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrew's uni 5 year degrees?

hi!! i just got an offer from St Andrew's to study English and French with a year abroad. i loveeeee St Andrew's but i'm a little concerned about the 5 year degree thing. obviously, one of those years will not be spent abroad which makes it a little better but i'm still a little worried. can anyone give some insight into what it's like staying at St Andrew's for that long?
Original post by siena27
hi!! i just got an offer from St Andrew's to study English and French with a year abroad. i loveeeee St Andrew's but i'm a little concerned about the 5 year degree thing. obviously, one of those years will not be spent abroad which makes it a little better but i'm still a little worried. can anyone give some insight into what it's like staying at St Andrew's for that long?

It will be over before you know it.
Its really no different to those who take a gap year and do a masters...

lots of people have to resit a year/year in industry/change subject/gap year.
If you are determined to be in the world of work in 3 years then perhaps its not the right course for you but being 5 years is not that big a deal imo.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
It will be over before you know it.
Its really no different to those who take a gap year and do a masters...

lots of people have to resit a year/year in industry/change subject/gap year.
If you are determined to be in the world of work in 3 years then perhaps its not the right course for you but being 5 years is not that big a deal imo.

true - i hadn't thought about it that way! and no, i'm not super eager to get into the working world...
Original post by siena27

i've only heard good things about the course... personally taking 4 years to graduate helped me so much in taking my time to decide what to go into, but 5 years is definitely a commitment.

why don't you post on https://www.facebook.com/stFessdrews and people will be able to help :smile: (edit: please don't judge the uni by St Fessdrews as the page is an outlet specifically for complaining lol and we are in the middle of a pandemic)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i've only heard good things about the course... personally taking 4 years to graduate helped me so much in taking my time to decide what to go into, but 5 years is definitely a commitment.

why don't you post on https://www.facebook.com/stFessdrews and people will be able to help :smile: (edit: please don't judge the uni by St Fessdrews as the page is an outlet specifically for complaining lol and we are in the middle of a pandemic)

ahahaha - i won't judge! thanks for the tip...definitely gonna do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending