The Student Room Group

school hasn't sent off my UCAS application yet??

hi! so i have finished my application (like personal statement and everything), my reference is done and i'm pretty sure predicted grades are just about to be put in. i've seen so many people that have already applied and are even receiving offers but i'm worried that i won't get a place because my application is being sent in so late? do universities do first come first serve kinda thing or do i just have to be before the deadline to be considered equally? i'm just stressed because so many people deferred their places last year and then you also have the people applying this year but unis can only have so many offers to give out. would I be at a disadvantage if my application is being sent in before the deadline but still later than a majority of people? any help is appreciated :smile:
Did you apply to Cambridge?
Reply 2
Original post by anisha211
hi! so i have finished my application (like personal statement and everything), my reference is done and i'm pretty sure predicted grades are just about to be put in. i've seen so many people that have already applied and are even receiving offers but i'm worried that i won't get a place because my application is being sent in so late? do universities do first come first serve kinda thing or do i just have to be before the deadline to be considered equally? i'm just stressed because so many people deferred their places last year and then you also have the people applying this year but unis can only have so many offers to give out. would I be at a disadvantage if my application is being sent in before the deadline but still later than a majority of people? any help is appreciated :smile:

Did you mean to post this in the Cambridge forum?

People here aren't getting "offers" - they're getting invitations to interview. The Cambridge (and Oxford) deadline is a lot earlier than the standard UCAS one :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by davros
Did you mean to post this in the Cambridge forum?

People here aren't getting "offers" - they're getting invitations to interview. The Cambridge (and Oxford) deadline is a lot earlier than the standard UCAS one :smile:

ahaha see that's a problem...for some reason while I was posting the question, the forum switched from the UCAS and application one to Cambridge. I'm so sorry haha but I can't really fix it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ShootForTheStars
Did you apply to Cambridge?

no it switched to this forum for some reason...sorry about that :tongue:
but yea is it unusual for schools to wait this long and would that put me at a disadvantage?
Hi, it won't disadvantage you. They've got to give students equal consideration whether they applied in September or at the UCAS deadline (which I think is in January). So don't stress, it won't affect your offers.
Reply 6
Original post by ShootForTheStars
Hi, it won't disadvantage you. They've got to give students equal consideration whether they applied in September or at the UCAS deadline (which I think is in January). So don't stress, it won't affect your offers.

thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending