The Student Room Group

Mistake Personal Statement

Hi, instead of writing the accounting firm “PwC” in my UCAS personal statement I wrote “PWC”. Would this impact my offers, I am getting worried. I am applying for accounting and finance as well. Thanks for the help.
Reply 1
Original post by Aadil Asad
Hi, instead of writing the accounting firm “PwC” in my UCAS personal statement I wrote “PWC”. Would this impact my offers, I am getting worried. I am applying for accounting and finance as well. Thanks for the help.

No, people make mistakes if you are applying for accounting they would understand what you meant and really they don't analyse your personal statement in such depth.

Obviously this is from my limited experience but from what I've gathered there isn't much to worry about, unless it is full of typos and that probably applies to subjects like English more than it would accounting.
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for this. Yes this is the only mistake I made in the whole of my personal statement.
Reply 3
Original post by Ray3RE
No, people make mistakes if you are applying for accounting they would understand what you meant and really they don't analyse your personal statement in such depth.

Obviously this is from my limited experience but from what I've gathered there isn't much to worry about, unless it is full of typos and that probably applies to subjects like English more than it would accounting.

Also I’ve applied for a PwC flying start degree at Nottingham and as it’s a PwC program I’m worried they’ll notice it. This is the only mistake I’ve made in the whole of personal statement.
Reply 4
Original post by Aadil Asad
Also I’ve applied for a PwC flying start degree at Nottingham and as it’s a PwC program I’m worried they’ll notice it. This is the only mistake I’ve made in the whole of personal statement.

If it is PwC you are applying to you have even less to worry about because they will easily figure out what you meant and won't remove an offer because of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending